“Niiiice location and business crowd...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 333 Pacific - Steaks & Seafood

333 Pacific - Steaks & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
333 Pacific - Steaks & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 385 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pier View Way
Description: 333 Pacific, an upscale casual dining experience with 180 degree views of Southern California's oceanfront and the night time views of the Oceanside Pier. The high ceilings of 333 Pacific give a modern "loft" feel while suspended panels brings in a warmth to the space. Menu featuring Steaks, , Crab, Lobster and Fish. Seafood selections will also include Finfish entrees, shellfish staples including Oysters on the half shell, Ceviche, and selections of Sushi Rolls. Steaks will be prepared on an 1800 degree broiler to ensure a juicy steak and charred outer crust. The wine list with over 200 selections of the finest wines to complement your dining experience. In the 333 Pacific Vodka lounge guests can select from a list of 100 vodkas from around the world, so why not try something new? It's always "vodka happy hour" in our lounge. All vodka martinis $7. Full bar is available. Reservations recommended.
San Diego, California
“Niiiice location and business crowd...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

More of a business entrepreneur crowd. Literally next to the ocean. More on the pricy side and decent food. I had a side order of fingerling potatoes, I'm vegan, and the friend I went with had salmon. I loved the fingerling potatoes and he said the fish was just decent and not worth the price. Oh but he did have the baby kale salad and told me that he'd go back just for the salad. It was that good! They're also named 333 because they're a vodka bar and have that many different kinds of vodkas. I got the Sobieski from Poland. I suggest drinking it straight...Very good, smooth. Anyways nice decor, decent atmosphere. Slightly upscale. I'm sure I'll be returning even if just for a glass of vodka.

• Visited July 2014

Spring Valley, California
“Very nice place with some great views, good food and beverage”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We recently began visiting and staying in Oceanside to escape the heat inland and decided to give 333 a try. Being a Cohn restaurant we knew it was going to be good, and it is.

The house booze specialties are Vodka-centric but of course they also have a decent wine list and a full bar so you can have whatever you want. We have tried some of the specialty items and wine and even a margarita (on the rocks - no salt) and all have been great.

We enjoy a nibbler with our drinks and discovered the tempura vegetable with dipping sauce starter. There are several good ones but this has become our regular "gotta have one". It is very good and easily shared. The Lobster bisque is awesome too!

Main events include several fish and beef items and a pork Wellington. I personally enjoy the bone-in rib eye and steak trio; excellent. The pork Wellington has had two chances but is not, in my opinion, very good; overcooked and weirdly spiced too. Twice. My reports the fish and Lobster have all been very good. She also did not enjoy the Wellington thing so much.

Service is excellent. We have never had the same server twice in six trips but found each of them to be great, really great. 20% tip great! Yes six trips! It's that good!

Ask for the water view which is on the west side and indeed delivers a view of the water and the pier and sunset if you time it right. And of course because you are at the beach with a view of the pier the people watching is interesting too! If you want to talk to one another tables farther away from the bar or in the west side annex are a must as things get loud closer to the bar.

Reservations are pretty much a must after 6 pm. Walk ins result in a "no" to "an hour or so". Pretty much what you would expect of a good restaurant on the beach in summer.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Arizona
“Pretentious and expensive, but good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We called at 5PM for reservations and were told "8:45 is the earliest we can seat you". I had Mercedes Benz Embrace call back for me 5 minutes later and we were in at 7PM. Rather limited menu of very expensive dishes. Service was just ok. The food itself was good, prime rib, wedge salads, etc. There were strangely a lot of kids making noise at various tables. They are definitely going for the upscale attitude. Not sure if that fits wells with a beach town. The whole "no tank tops on men" dress code seems like a thin attempt to say they are fancy enough to have a dress code.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dangerdave
Santa Clarita, California
“No tank tops on the patio in a beach town?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

A local person recommended this place. He stated "good martini's and appetizers" so we decided to give it a shot. Walked in the door at 1:00P on a Saturday afternoon and was told that "We don't allow men to wear tank tops in the dining room" to which we said "Well we want to eat on the patio outside" and they said they don't allow that either. So we walked out. Keep in mind that this is a Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer in a beach town. Also, I was wearing a stylish tank top (not one that you wear underneath dress shirts) along with nice shorts and sandals. Anyhow, needless to say, I have no review for the actual food or service. However, considering that this place treated us this way when we walked in the door, I wouldn't expect a good experience dining here. I would understand no tank tops at a dinner service in the dining room, but to expect that type of attire for the patio during lunchtime in a beach town in the middle of summer is ridiculous. You need to consider your location and customer base when making decisions about appropriate attire.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank John B
Oceanside, California
“Happy Hours and Family Get-togethers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

7 of us arrive unannounced for lunch and were seated right away. Well 5 were, there were two of us running and errand and catching up to them. When we got there I found them seated at a lovely table in the far back of the enclosed sun room (smart waiter I think - we are a loud family) with drinks in hand and appetizers on the way.

This was my first time dining there, though I've a been a regular of the Martini bar inside for years. They have a great happy hour during the week from 4-7 - $7 martinis and selected apps.

The service was spot on and she made some excellent suggestions off the menu. I really wasn't ever keen to dine here. There are several restaurants in the area that have higher than expected pricing only to be disappointing by the meal/service not meeting the hype.

I can say with ease that 333 hit the mark. We didn't feel stiffed at all when the check came. You may pay more here, but you are across from the ocean and the service and food are a quality that can honestly command it.

As far as what to eat. I know more about the apps to be honest and say the ceviche is the best around - bar none. The sliders are incredibly tasty. Their seafood is fresh catch so I went for catch of the day (Yellow tail) over a wild green salad (nice n light on the dressings). My niece has seared Ahi over hers and the guys all got sandwiches.

I would definitely considering dine there again, especially for a sunset dinner. The place has a metro vibe that is great for business, friends, couples and solo.

I wouldn't recommend bringing kids. The atmosphere is very much adults being adults. No matter how well behaved your kids are, this place just isn't designed with them in mind, which (no offense I love kids), is kind of refreshing.