“A local gem”

Ranked #24 of 395 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Living only a couple of miles away from some of the best pasta anywhere is a luxury. The environment is casual and friendly. Rosina makes a point to talk to all the diners. The cooking classes are truly informative. We eat there often and it is always great.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Excellent food, warm and charming atmosphere. Rosina's mimics a narrow "hole-in-the-wall" NYC style Italian restaurant, but has outdoor seating as well.

I had: 'Buratta' - will try to post photos later. Great appetizer with sliced tomatoes, buttery & delicious mozzarella cheese, in olive oil. Dip some bread in there - magnifico. Definitely recommend.

The pasta is great too. Delicious chicken dishes. My mother recommends you try the mussels appetizer. Best she had in 25 years.

And you can expect GREAT service - Rosina is a native-born southern Italian. She definitely knows her stuff!

Do NOT miss out! A wonderful dining experience awaits you at Rosina's.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great menu and spectacular specials. We went with Rosina's recommendations on appetizers and entrees and we were very pleased. Delightful dinner. Our first visit and we'll go back.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I recognize that Oceanside CA isn't a culinary destination, but I was definitely expecting more from this restaurant due to all the rave reviews about the authentic Italian cuisine.

We came with a group for the 70.3 Ironman and needed a carb heavy meal for the athletes, so after reading all the good reviews we made a reservation. I am an extremely prompt person, but as we all know, sometimes things in life are out of our control so even though we left plenty of time to get to our 5:30pm reservation on a Friday, traffic got the better of us. I called the restaurant to let them know we were running late and was told to hurry otherwise they would start giving tables away.

Upon arriving 20 minutes late, Rosina reprimanded us and said there was no way she could accommodate our group so we'd have to sit apart. I get it, we were late, but did all we could in letting them know we would be late so being rudely scolded isn't really the way to treat a large group of customers. If we weren't in a time crunch to eat and had other options near by I would have walked out right then and there.

The food was completely average. Vegetarian options were less than thrilling, they were already out of the only fish option and if I am paying $13 for some penne with sauce I would normally expect an 'authentic' Italian restaurant to actually make their own pasta.

The waitress was very nice and I understand they were stretched thin due to all the athletes eating such an early dinner. But Rosina's rudeness was completely uncalled for. We overheard her being rude and pushy to several other groups as well. If we go back for the next Ironman, we will definitely be visiting another restaurant.

1  Thank LAtraveler09
Reviewed March 10, 2012

My girlfriends and I were hunting down a new Italian place to have dinner at. We haven't been satisfied with a lot of places we have visited since the cuisine rarely seems 'authentic'. We walked in and were greeted by this gregarious woman who was more than hospitable. She guided us through what to order, how the food was prepared and introduced us to her 2 sons who are the chefs. We enjoyed some great wine while we waited for our meal. The food came out and not only was it visually perfect.....it was PERFECT! This place is a hidden gem in the middle no-where in Oceanside and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys an authentic Italian meal!