Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort
Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$223
$207
$169
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

Best Western Oceanside Inn(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$158
$152
Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$179
ComfortSuites
$239
$186
$180
SpringHill Suites San Diego Oceanside/Downtown(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$229
SpringHill Suites
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn by Wyndham Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$160
$130
La Quinta Inn San Diego Oceanside(Oceanside)(Great Value!)
$149
$188
$183
Travelocity
All reviewssky loungetrain noiseparking passocean viewsales pitchsan diegonorth toweroceanside pierfree underground parkingsales presentationfull kitchenbedroom deluxeactivity centerwasher and dryerjacuzzi tubruby's diner at the endtimeshare points
Reviewed February 3, 2014

As a time share owner we did not meet with any unexpected problems. We had booked an Ocean front room and we were delighted with the room. We had a great view of the ocean and the pier. The weather cooperated most of the week. We parked our car in the free parking area under the resort and never moved it once we got there. The local transportation system is outstanding and should be incorporated in many other large cities in the US. We rode the train to San Diego and enjoyed the view from the upper deck of the train. The staff of the resort was professional and friendly, from the check in people to the entire staff. We never passed and employee without being greeted with a good morning or afternoon. There were several activities during the week from donuts and coffee on two mornings to a Mexican food dinner that was free. The pier was great fun and Ruby's at the end of the pier was a great place to eat. I had read many negative reviews about Ruby's but did not have any problems. The service was fast and the food was excellent.

While you can hear the train horn from the front of the resort it was not a distraction and we did not lose any sleep because of it. This is an excellent resort and I would give it five stars. We have been owners for many years and I think this is one of the best resort weeks I have had. Great job Wyndham.

Room Tip: Book a room near the front of the resort and enjoy the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim G
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for sharing such great comments and tips about the resort! I'm happy to hear how much you enjoyed your time and that you took advantage of the train, it is a great way to travel the coast for a day trip!

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Booked a 2 bedroom here through ResorTime. I, my wife, and kids 6 in all headed out here for a short 2 night stay. I called at 2 o'clock the day of check in confirming our reservation and was assured our 2 bedroom condo was available and awaiting our presence. Arrived at 6pm that evening at the front desk. Was greeted in a friendly manner and asked for my credit card, after swiping the card for the Security Deposit I was then told they " ran out of 2 bedrooms". After waiting 2 hours in the lobby they "offered" to give us a 1 bedroom and a studio. Recommending we sleep separate ... Out of options and the time of night I told them to keep the studio and we will make due with the 1bedroom. They offered to credit the difference of the 2 bedroom vs the 1, I have not received any credit thus far nor have I heard from them after leaving countless messages on how displeased we were. We will never stay here or recommend Wyndham Oceanside Pier again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Laura R

My apologies to you for a disappointing experience. We had several unexpected challenges these past two weeks as a result of an exterior paint project causing several last minute changes to reservations. Please be assured that this is not typical for our resort. It is my hope that you do give our resort another opportunity in the future. If I can be of personal assistance, please do feel free to contact me at 760.901.1200.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Overall, a very nice and clean place to stay. The best feature is that the resort is within a 2 minute walk to the sand, surf, and Oceanside pier. Great spot, plenty of parking (at least when I went), and close to lots of fun things to do. Pool was nice and clean, kids game area, and fitness center was large and had most equipment for a great workout!! One possible negative point, the Amtrask Surfliner and Metrolink trains run constantly, and you can hear the train and the train bells/horn. So, it could be bothersome for some people. I didn't mind it, but the resort does offer complimentary disposible ear plugs.

Also, since this is a timeshare resort as part of Wyndham's family of resorts, they will more than likely offer you a timeshare presentation and a gift to attend. We've done this a couple of times, as one gift was a free 3 day/2 night stay at any Wyndham resort and the other was a $100 AMEX gift card. Both times, they offered breakfast, so we signed up, sat through the presentation, had breakfast (which wasn't bad at all), and received out gift. If you decide to do the presentation here, here are a couple of tips for you. If you tell them upfront that you have no interest in buying a timeshare, they won't be as pushy. Also, when youfill in the timeshare profile sheet when you check in, put your income at the bare minimum of $40000, that way you don't have to sit through their top to bottom sales pitch, from the most expensive plan to the least expensive plan. Also, under no circumstances (unless of course you plan to buy a timeshare), do you allow them to run your credit or get your social security number. If they have your credit score, they will be even pushier to sell to you becuase they will know what you can really afford. I didn't permit them to run my credit, but others who did when I was there were pushed hard to buy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, the details are helpful and right on target! I'm pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the resort and the area, there is a lot to offer!

We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Happy travels!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I am a timeshare owner so I know what to expect when I travel to a Wyndham resort. Many of these reviews are from what would appear to be non owners. This is our second stay and the unit met all of our expectations. Fully equipped kitchen, our home away from home. We had a north tower 7th floor unit overlooking the ocean. Awesome sunsets. Even the weather co-operated. On the down side our safe was not working but the maintenance men looked after that pronto and the front desk called to make sure everything was looked after. The other issue was the hit and miss wifi reception for our first three days but again this eventually was sorted out. The front end and maintenance staff were prompt and courteous.
As for the trains - my son and I are train fanatics so we enjoyed listening to the trains. We travelled to Oceanside by train. That's the beauty of staying here - you can travel all over Southern California from here using the local transit services.

Avoid the timeshare sales chat unless you are interested in purchasing. I did go for an update and was not impressed with our meeting. The sales person got up and left several times to "get" paperwork that we finally left after waiting 20 minutes.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janemarialberta
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for your review! Yes, I am glad you mentioned that we are a timeshare resort and we do have some hotel rooms on the city view side of the property. All guests, however, have full use of all amenities while visiting, including a 7th floor Sky Lounge with panoramic views of the coast line.

I'm pleased to hear about the prompt response of the team and how you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again in the future!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Wasn't thrilled. Location is amazing, but that's about it. Furniture and decor is lacking and cheap. I appreciate ambiance. This is somewhere to go back to after a long day of adventuring in San Diego, not to lounge around all day.

• Stayed: January 2014
Cherie O, Manager at Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for review and sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear the decor wasn't pleasing to you. We did renovate the property in 2013 and replaced all sofas, chairs, bedding, mattresses, drapery, carpet and more throughout the property and have had many complimentary comments. We do take constructive comments into consideration for future renovations, so we appreciate your feedback.

Safe travels,