“Wonderful weekend get-away to Oceanside!”

Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resort
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This is a fabulous resort, not to be missed, in one of my favorite beach cities. We were in town for "Bike the coast, Taste the coast" and chose the hotel specifically for its proximity to the event.
My husband and I stayed in a two-bedroom corner unit with another couple. The master bedroom had a side view of the beach and our bedroom had a city/railroad view. The unit had city and beach views that were magnificient. LOL, we didn't realize until we left that the one remaining beach cottage by itself was from the movie Top Gun!
The unit was clean, updated, and well appointed. I was surprised that the second bedroom had a window, but think this was because it was a corner unit. The well disclosed train noise did not bother us at all. I did not here any trains at all between 9pm and 6 am.
Their is no food or beverage service at the hotel, which was nice because you could bring in your own drinks to the pool area, much cheaper! The heated pool and spa were on the second floor. We enjoyed beverages in the jacuzzi while watching an incredible sunset! Amazing!
We also enjoyed being able walk to downtown Oceanside. The movie theatre, bars and restaurants were all within easy walking distance of the hotel.
It is a great property and I hope to be able to return with my children during the summer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kay S

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed here three times in the past 14 months (once with two bedrooms, twice with one bedroom). We keep coming back, and will again! We love the location - across the street from the beach and pier. 5 minute walk (on a clean, attractive walkway that goes under the train tracks) from a nice "home town" street with movies, eateries, and various stores. Every Thursday, weather permitting, there is a wonderful evening street fair with dozens of booths: food, locally grown fruits & vegetables, crafts, custom items of apparel, something for everyone.
Many reviews have complained about the close proximity to the railroad. I have seen and heard the trains when out and about, but the noise has never caused us any issue (not even noticed) when in our room or sleeping.
The staff is very friendly and actually made us feel like they honestly cared that we were having a great time.
I will agree that the sales part is annoying. You have to talk to them since that is how you get the parking pass (free underground parking). (Understandable, they need to make a living.) However, if you simply refuse to participate, it is not an issue. One contact when checking in, then nothing - not a problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rodney R
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This hotel is not far from the beach. The entire beach area is good but not to compare to exotic one. I love the hotel but not the sound from railway station. The sky room is awesome , don't miss it. The swimming pool is small but it's ok , anyway you have your beach infront of the hotel. There's not a lot of chic place in the area. This is timesharing hotel , be careful for your decission.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We arrived early, 11am and the room was ready. I requested a sea facing room and that is what I got on the 3rd floor north side. We stayed in a beautiful 1 bedroom apartment. Clean, neat and tidy. On the first night our light broke so I told the friendly front desk lady and when we got back it was fixed with a note to apologise. Pool was clean and my daughter had a great time meeting other children.
We stayed for 6 nights and wished we stayed longer. Noise was not a problem. Only heard the train briefly when outside but not that loud. Walked to town and enjoyed the Sunset markets, felt very safe.
Parking was free and easy.
Would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Okay, the room was definitely nice and we had a view. No housekeeping service offered which isn't the end of the world but it would have been nice to know ahead of time. Service at the check in is friendly. BUT stay away from the sales side. You get sent over to "concierge" to pick up your parking pass but it is the sales team. Forced to give up information in order to get your parking pass, rude salesperson who obviously is a rookie. I hope he receives some proper training in customer service - soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west. Rooms facing east are noisy as hotel is beside the train tracks.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Babaramdass
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice location, and rooms are nice but this is geared toward vacationing not business. Oceanview on the front and train tracks on the back of the property. I felt pressure at the front desk planning area to provide personal information over and above my reservation info that I wasn't comfortable giving. Probably won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms will be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lana S
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Ca. in August for our anniversary. this was our 1st trip and we were very pleased with our choice. This hotel was A1, very nice, staff was very friendly location was great. Beach right across the street as is a very long fishing pier with a eatery (burgers etc) on the far end. Train to San Diego and Los Angles is a few blocks away (walk-able). We traveled by train to both places and were pleasantly surprised how easy and enjoyable the ride was. reasonable fares and a clean train and station. plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Catholic church close by as I am sure are places of worship of other religions. We drove down the coast through many small and quaint towns and took in the beautiful coastal views.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple