“Early bird special”

and up
Pismo Beach Dune Buggy Experience
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Oceano
More attraction details
Owner description: ATVs, UTVs, and Dune Buggy rentals right on the beach. The only State Parks Certified Vendor to have ATVs, UTVs, and Dune Buggies all in one place, By Far Sun Buggie has the newest fleet of the Best Name brand vehicles, and the best safety record in the industry! Family Friendly Fun- Come Play on the Dunes - Buggies seat 2, 4, 6, or even 8 persons!
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Got a great deal on hiring an ATV- buy one hour get one hour free for a trip leaving at 9am. Staff were friendly and helpful and had us up and running in about 10 minutes. Loved the giant trailer we were transported to the start of the sand highway on.
We had a great couple of hours on the dunes- there's plenty of terrain for adrenaline junkies and for those (like me) who are happy pootling along slowly!

Reviewed June 29, 2014

First time to Pismo beach and didn't know what to expect. We had booked a dune buggy a couple months prior to our trip and you never know what your going to get once you show up.

The staff at Sun Buggy were excellent. Starting with the gal at the front desk all the way to the guys working the buggies. They all were friendly, eager to help out and answer any questions. I had brought my GoPro camera with me and only wanted to know if I could mount the camera on one of their helmets or directly to the buggy. Instead, they found a buggy - a better buggy that the one I rented - with a mount already installed and let me use that one. It was awesome and the GoPro picked up great video.

My son & I appreciate everything you guys did especially the recommendation for food after a long day driving the dunes! We will definitely be back again!

1  Thank TheFlyingFamily
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I’ve been going to the Dunes since I was a kid, however it had been years since I have been to Pismo Dunes. My partner and I were up in Pismo rving and we thought it would be fun to go out on the dunes, he’s never done that before. I found Sun Buggy online and made reservations for the “early bird special” We rented the RZR 2 seater and loved it. All of the equipment was in pretty good shape, especially considering they’re in the salty air and probably being rallied by people renting off road toys lol.
Staff was very nice, a funny snarky (in a good way) girl made a few jokes got the small group we were with laughing and really set the mood for a great few hours on the dunes. I would have no problem recommending Sun Buggy, go out and have some fun on the dunes!

2  Thank Aaron L
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The staff was so friendly and the buggies were awesome. I recommend these guys!! Class act all the way around. Thank you for great memories with my daughters

2  Thank Mycami4me
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My great nephew is in the Air Force stationed in Lompoc and we were spending a few days in the San Simeon area... I was trying to find something fun that we could do to meet about half-way between us. I found Sun Buggy online and that was our choice. Rented 3 Dune Buggies for a couple of hours (and the ones I had selected were not available when we were there, so we got an "upgrade"..) What fun this is! My husband was the lead driver and took us onto a part of the course we shouldn't have been on, so we all three got stuck.. two of us got ourselves out, but I had to wait for "help"... they were quick to locate me and get me back to driving again. Getting stuck is part of the adventure, as most people do at least once... the staff was wonderful and my great nephew is already making plans to go back again... he loved it. Would recommend Sun Buggy and we will definitely keep it in mind for next time! Be sure to check with them on where to park though - we chose the $5 beach parking near Sun Buggy and I got the rental car stuck when trying to park by some other vehicles.... there is a different spot that is better I found out later for parking. Whether you rent ATV's or dune buggies - this one is a blast!

1  Thank TXLuv2Travel