“I LOVE THIS LITTLE PARK”

Pismo Sands RV Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oceano
Pismo Sands RV Park
Pismo
“I LOVE THIS LITTLE PARK”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I found Pismo Sands to be a great little park. Very clean, very quiet. Managers and park hosts were VERY nice and helpful. Nice trees at most sites. Paved roads. Downtown Pismo is fun to walk around, especially by the pier area. Small farmer's market on Tuesday evenings on the pier. The beach is a short drive away, about two miles. Awesome dog beach eight miles away. I recommend being on the left side of the park, especially if you have a large class C motorhome. I was initially assigned to the right side of the park and there was no way I could get in the spot - but they changed me right away without an issue. I have no complaints about this park and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Lee H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We attempted to stay here one night before heading home after a LONG trip. Got to the gate, began after hours check in. The gate codes listed on the after hours envelopes DID NOT WORK. The driveway makes it impossible to turn around if you've got anything larger than 25'. We tried calling the numbers listed, even went to the site manager's residence. No answer at either place. We were tired, cold and had no idea what we were to do. Someone who appeared to be maintenance of the laundry pulled out of the park as we were trying to enter the gate code and he blew me off. My husband stopped him and was scolded for "blocking" the entrance to the park!!!! We just wanted to leave, but this man ignored our plea for help. We had to back our 40+ ft 5th wheel out of the driveway and onto the highway...in the dark with very little space. We were there for over 2 hours just trying to leave. Very disappointed with this park. We walked around looking for the host/manager's residence and the sites looked cramped and with little privacy. I even tried to call the next day to make them aware of the gate code issue and there was no answer. Not worth the hassle, obviously customer service is lacking.

• Stayed December 2012
10 Thank FistyMc
Arcadia, California
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We recently spent 1 week at this rv park. Office staff was friendly until I told them that their website was not indicative of the entire park. Our site was a back-in site which would have been ok, except that it was dirty. The entire week I felt as if we were camping in someones messy back yard. The grass was burnt from their hokey fire pits and their were coals of previous campers on the ground. I think their grounds staff are lazy and make no effort to clean the back sites. They mowed the lawn on Thursday however I could do a better job blind folded. After being summoned to the office we were invited to leave with a complete refund if we were unhappy. It became apparent that this rv park does not welcome negative comments about their park. I would like to add that the pool area was clean the hot tub fantastic. The bathrooms were also very well clean. Currently their is no arcade as they are renovating the area. The park is very quiet in the evening which is a plus. I think overall the staff need to be more receptive to customers comments in order to improve their park.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Joanne C
Grover Beach, California, United States
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I am shocked and appalled with this RV camping location. First and foremost please hire people who can and are willing to communicate with your possible customers with respect and humility. Second please post up that you are in no way family or child friendly. We have been asked to leave because of my grandbaby, my fiance son's and their 9year old friend who spent all of 1.5hrs at the pool with us the registered guests. And let me say here we were respectful and quiet. Never will I reccomend this place to anyone. As we stayed two nights and the whole while watched a drug ridden older man entertain two ladies of the night all night. And he has not been asked to leave. What I don't understand is this, why would you do these things to a family and loose the repeat business. I am a car sales person first thing they teach us is this, its better to have your customer come back to us then to spend their money somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
18 Thank Peatty T
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed August 22, 2011

As the friendly staff pointed out we only made the reservation two weeks prior to our visit. One site restriction RV'rs shoudl be aware of is that they have reserved parking areas on the site for your tow vehicle which cannot, and does not, fit on some of the small sites they have. In fact, our 27 foot trailer just fitted on the paved area. There was 2" to spare after our slide-out opened to the electric connection box and on the other side there was no space to fully extend our awning since it was against the adjacent site motor home.
When you make your reservation call to discuss site location as any on the bends in the their access roads will be cramped and should not be accepted. Other pull thru's seemed to be adequate size and seemingly reserved for the larger motor homes.
Otherwise the facilities were not sufficient to rave about only their RV packing factor, as far as we were concerned detracted significantly from our visit.
One befenfit to this site is the closeness to the Oceano Melodrama Theatre which compensated for our site restrictions.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
13 Thank robert w
Northern California
Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed at Pismo Sands for 7 days while our children, ages 9 and 7 were on Spring Break. We live in the Sacramento area and we drove from 80 to 680 to 101. The drive was very RV-friendly. We found the RV park to be very clean and very neat and very visually appealing. Each space is paved, fairly level and they all have nice patches of well-maintained grassy areas. Not all spaces have fire pits, but most did. We have a 45-foot motor home and towed our chevy tahoe. Pismo Sands accommodated us well. There are additional parking spaces available for $5/day. They didn't have a 50 amp hook-up, so we used our dogbone for 30 amps and had no problems. The rv spaces are not terribly close together, so you do have breathing room! There were rules that needed to be followed - strict 5 mph speed limit (we had no problem with that), however occasionally, someone was driving a bit faster than that. Driving through vacant RV slots is not permitted for safety reasons. Pets must be on leash at all times when walking them, you must pick up after your pet - there are Pet Stations located throughout the park that provide plastic baggies and a pit in which do dump your pet's 'deposit'. Pets cannot be tied outside of your RV to a tree or anything of that nature. They are not to be left unattended outside, in a kennel or not. We didn't have a problem with that, but would have preferred to be able to kennel our Frenchie outside for a little while for some fresh air.

Our children found lots of other children to play with and had a ball. Most of the other campers were quite friendly. My kids swam in the pool and enjoyed it quite well. The ladies showers and restrooms were quite clean and neat, with 7 showers and 7 (I believe) restroom stalls. From what my husband tells me, the men's showers and restrooms were equally clean and neat. Even though we have a wonderful shower in our motor home, we all used the showers at Pismo Sands a couple times. They have a laundry room, which we didn't use, but it looked fine from what I could see. There is a small playground for the children, which my kids liked. There are rental bikes, but those are quite pricey at $12/hour. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Pismo Sands is not on the beach, but is just about a 5 minute drive to the beach, which makes it quiet and peaceful because the traffic going to the beach is not exactly next to the campground. There are some RV slots, I believe they are numbers 109 - 114 that are very small and butt up against a somewhat busy street. We were in slot 70 and had no problems. The Amtrak passes through 2 or 3 times a day, but is not a bother.

Pismo Sands is under new management now, not sure how long but like I said earlier, the staff was great! The quiet hour times from 10 pm until 8 am were observed well by all the patrons that were there when we were. There are several people who live there. The spaces that I saw which were occupied by full-time residents were neat and not cluttered. And there were some that I didn't even realize were residents until another resident told me. We enjoyed staying there and can't wait to stay there again.

The town of Pismo Beach is adorable and fun and it's about a 5 minute drive from the campground. Fun things to do - drive on the beach (that was a real treat for us as we had never done that before. The rental ATVs were VERY expensive.) Walk on the pier, stroll downtown Pismo Beach, shop the various stores, eat at the Cracked Crab - the crab bisque is to die for!!! You can get a bucket of different kinds of crabs or shrimp and the bucket is brought out to you, and the contents are dumped directly on the table for you to eat! That was fun!! Hearst Castle is about a 75 minute drive but WELL worth the drive and the tour.

Our stay at Pismo Sands was pleasurable and peaceful and fun. Check in time is early! 1:00, which is great! There were lots of other RV campgrounds in the area. We found them to be too close to the beach, had close together RV spaces, not enough grass and/or trees. We can't wait to go back to Pismo Sands in the near future!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank matyglenn
Fruit Heights, Utah
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We found this fabulous RV park on the internet and spent a week there in our new 5th wheel. Everything about the park is wonderful--starting with the great staff. Our dealings were with Mark, Jennifer, Cindy & Becky, all of whom went above and beyond with our needs and requests. Just one example is Mark coming to our rv to fix the tv for my hubby and working with me so I could have wifi access. The facilities--office, laundry room, showers, swimming pool, sites--were all extremely well maintained. Our site and all outside hookups were very easy to access and use. The park is close to many of the popular beach areas, lots of fresh produce stands are close by, many great restaurants to choose from, fun shops and great local folks with whom to interact--we took advantage of all this and had a wonderful week at Pismo Sands RV Park. We definitely plan to return in early 2011.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
9 Thank LLLighthouse
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oceano
SeaCrest OceanFront Hotel
Cottage Inn by the Sea
Cottage Inn by the Sea
#6 of 27 in Pismo Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,173 reviews

Been to Pismo Sands RV Park? Share your experiences!