“Eat here for breakfast!!!!”

Howard's Cafe Bakery & Juice Bar
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Excellent, fresh and fabulous food with friendly service!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were staying close by for graduation and the owner of the cottage recommended Howard's. We got there when it wasn't wildly crowded, although people started pouring in after we sat down. And I can see why. The food was fantastic! I'm not a big breakfast eater normally, but I had this concoction called "Primo Potatoes" and I practically licked the plate. Avocados, tomato, onions, cheese . . . YUM! My hubby and FIL both had delicious meals too, although frankly I'm not sure what they got as I was concentrated on MINE. Great coffee, good service, moderate prices. For anyone around here, this is a definite no-brainer. I give it a big 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Breakfast and Lunch. Dinner if its open. THE BEST!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

First things first:
The address is 3611 Bohemian Hwy, not 3811.
We were driving around like morons until we finally stumbled upon it.
We had a fairly good b'fast but by no means was this the 'best b'fast ever' as proclaimed by some reviewers (really? Best B'fast EVER?)

Don't be intimidated by the seemingly endless lines; it does move pretty fast, but I'd recommend standing near the entrance so you can hear the guy call out your name/ remind him your name. That process was a little messy, albeit friendly.

Our server was also friendly but the kitchen messed up on my friend's omelette (left out the chicken apple sausage); it was quickly remedied.

I had the crab benedict, which was chock-ful of lumps of crab meat- generous. The eggs, however, were sloppily done and not very tasty.

The mimosas were huge (for mimosas).

My other friend had the Italian omelette and it was terrible. The italian sausages were really Chunks of black, overdone steak stuffed in an omelette. Really? overdone steak passing off as italian sausages? Yikes. Skip this dish.

I wouldn't drive out of the way to visit (and believe me, it was OUT of the way); but if you're in the area, stop by for a quick bite. Cash-only.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Fresh big breakfast -great omelette, french toast, hash and fresh eggs and the best oatmeal anywhere. Unlimited delicious coffee! A must stop before a long day of hiking

1  Thank KathyC9411