“Best Italian Food!”
Review of Union Hotel

Union Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Sacramento, California
“Best Italian Food!”
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The Union Hotel has been THE destination for great, family style Italian food for me for many years. I love taking in the wineries along the Russian River and ending with a big dinner at the Union Hotel - it's the perfect weekend trip! The food is always excellent and the service is superb. Frank and Barbara, the lovely owners, do an excellent job of making the restaurant a place where you feel welcome and at home. I wholeheartedly recommend the Union Hotel for the food, atmosphere and history.

• Visited January 2011

Santa Rosa, California
“Most Memorable Restaurant”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Hello fellow Sonoma County travelers! This is the first review I have ever written, and it will not be the last because I am IN LOVE with the Union Hotel Restaurant! From the moment my hubby and I walked in we felt completely at home. The hostess was warm and caring and sat us in a romantice corner of the historic restaurant. We continued our evening sipping merlot and listening to gentle piano playing by one of the young girls (she was very talented). My hubby ordered the lasagna and I the ravioli. Both melted in our mouths and it did not go unnoticed that they were freshly homemade. The tiramasu was absolutely mind blowing and I highly recommend it for those who love this delectable dessert. Note that it is so large that it can feed two ravenous adults, so one is plenty to share. The service was beyond exceptional and everyone we came in contact with was attentive, courteous and kind. As such, my hubby and I consider this to be "our restaurant" and will return at least 2 times a month!

Vacaville, California
“The aroma from the kitchen is matched by the taste of the food!”
Reviewed January 1, 2011

What a find. This is a very favorite sojurn for those special days. We love it after golf, on holidays, anniversaries and birthdays. We look for excuses to take our friends to our favorite place. You will never go home hungry. The food is very carefully prepared and looks, smells and tastes like you are in Italy. The authentic food in a historic building takes you on a fun excursion. We just had the Crab Cioppino; yum. It is a seasonal dish worth waiting for. Its a don't miss; if you can make your way to Occidental.

1 Thank pjlowrey
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Barb is a great hostess, owner, and chef-thanks!”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We're from MN (but I grew up in CA) so it's always fun to go back to favorite places like Occidental. A wonderful, quaint, town (a rare gem these days) to hang out for a few hours and have a great meal at the Union Restaurant. Barb kept bringing us food-even though we were full after soup and salad! Loved bringing my family there! Thanks again Barb!

Manchester
“Good Value Meal”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I wouldn't rave about this, and not worth making a long journey, but the food, the service and the value were all good if you are somewhere nearby. Occidental itself is also a lovely town. It's open all day and you don't need to make a reservation. Dining room is quieter than the family room, and there's also a bar and cafe.