“A Little Bit of Heaven”
Review of Union Hotel

Union Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I found a touch of culinary heaven at the Union Hotel in Occidental, CA. One of the owners, Barbara, is one of the warmest, friendliest, generous people who is a breath of fresh air.

If you are looking for a fantastic clam chowder, minestrone soup made with the freshest local vegetables; bruschetta which is a delight to your palette, plan your wonderful getaway at the Union Hotel.

Please save room for the tiramisu, which can be ordered to go in a beautiful, antique glass dish to be brought back to your room to share with someone you love. If you need a rejuvenating experience, book now. We can't wait to come back next year with our friends and family. We are already planning the trip.

Rob & Kathy
Emmett, ID

4  Thank Kathy S

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place is golden. The food is my favorite, the service and atmosphere are perfect.
We stayed in one of their weekend rental (The Hills) so comfortable with a view of the little town of Occidental. We woke on Sunday morning to the sound of the Church Bells. Had coffee and pastry in the restaurants little cafe. Everything was perfect.

3  Thank Buddahful1
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Union Hotel is not to be missed. The food is extraordinary!!! The service is impeccable, and the charm of this place is enough to make me wish I was a local.

4  Thank PickyPescetarian
Reviewed May 20, 2014

My nephew had his wedding reception here at Union Hotel's Bocce Ballroom and it was wonderful. The room is outstanding for private events and the food was delicious. Everyone who worked here was friendly and helpful. We had a great time and would recommend this place to others.

5  Thank Charlene351
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Brunch yesterday was perfect!! Wonderful food...what a spread!! Delightful garden; excellent service with real old-fashioned person to person care!! Our server, Mia was wonderful...I will never forget her. Of course, our hostess, Barbara Gonnella really put her stamp of perfection on everything!!! I LOVE UNION HOTEL!!

Please try this destination restaurant on holidays. Barbara and her staff make "Torta"...not the Spanish version of a sandwich, but a fine spinach custard filling and the most exquisite crumbly buttery crust I have ever tasted!! Of course all of their food is great! Highly reccommended.

4  Thank karensacco