“Great location and menu” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Union Hotel

Union Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Occidental
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Island, New Zealand
“Great location and menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great place for an outdoor meal. Food is of good quality and reasonably priced. Staff really friendly and helpful with good food and beverage knowledge.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank stephb67

Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
“Great food super people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had just completed our zip lining adventure and asked our guides for a unique place to have lunch. They both highly recommended The Union Hotel. We were treated to a tasty lunch served by very friendly people. We didn't feel like first-timers at all. I asked our waitress if there were any good places to see the ocean in the area. She took her time and detailed a shortcut to the coast and US 1. After a ride along a scenic country road, we reached a post card vista. All in all, a really great day! Tha

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Pat K
Napa, California
“Disappointing experience for those in my party.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We met to have lunch on the way to a retreat. There were about 30 in our party that arrived & dined at their leisure. Our group had 7 of us at out table. 3 of us ordered individual pizzas and walked out paying $11.95 plus tip. My pizza was really good & even though I only ate half of it, it tasted great cold later that evening. I had a vegetarian pizza with pepperoni added. When the pizza came out, it was only lukewarm so I sent it back to be heated up more. They heated it and I enjoyed one more slice.

My friends experience was less than great. 2 friends shared a pasta dish that had 4 jumbo shrimp on it and they ordered one bowl of soup to share. Now the bowl of minestrone soup is huge and can easily feed 4 people so they shared with everyone who wanted to taste it. I liked it. But their bill came out to $40 for one pasta dish & some soup.....that is ridiculous!!!!

My other friend paid $25 for fettucine alfredo (very bland) with spinach & chicken and my other friend with severe dietary restrictions ordered a burger with no bun but a portabella mushroom & a salad and she paid over $25. None of my firends were wowed by their meals and when they saw their bills they were a bit stunned!! We all agreed that we should have just eated at the open farmer's market in the nearby parking lot. We all agreed we wouldn't be going here again.

I'd go again though but only to get the pizza & enjoy the great breadsticks. Definitely not for their other overpriced entrees.

The ambiance is very old fashined & quaint though and the server was very nice.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Latin in Florida
“Just a lil disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was so looking forward to dining here for lunch after our zipline excursion down the road. They give u a free app if u go to restaurant after tour. We loved this quaint lil hamlet nestled in the hills & mountains of Sonoma. We walked around town & decided to use coupon as the other options in the area didn't have the ambience the the Union.
I wish we would have eaten elsewhere. The service was terrible. There were only 5 tables in the whole place & service very slow & unattentive. If it weren't for the wonderful outdoor seating area, we would have left. Food was good especially the free brusetta app w/ zipline tour. Portions good. It was fun to walk around the old building & bar.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Penryn, California
“Great Food, Great people, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Our favorite restaurant in the Bodega Bay area is the Occidental Union Hotel. The Italian food is great but even more so is the warm, friendly atmosphere created by owner Barbara and her fabulous staff. You feel like you are eating with family. We love to eat outside in the summer and inside in the fall. We go there every time we are in the area. It is like coming home.

• Visited September 2013