“Exhilirating and fun!”

and up
Ziplining Adventure in Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sonoma Canopy Tours is located in Occidental, CA - approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco and 30 minutes west of Santa Rosa in the Sonoma County. Sonoma Canopy Tours offers two courses - both course feature 7 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, stairs, and end with a rappel to the forest floor. The Forest Flight Course is offered during the day & night flights are available. The Tree Tops Course features a longer zipline and is perched above the Forest Flight Course.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a great time zip lining on this tour. Our tour guides, Brandon J. and Nate, were fantastic! Having the training session and practice zip before going up into the taller trees definitely helps. I was a bit nervous in the beginning, but once you start going through the zip course, it is such an exhilirating feeling. And by the time we got to the last zip, I definitely wished there were more to do and I didn't want it to be the last one. The rappelling at the end was just as fun and a great way to end the tour. Definitely an exciting time.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great experience! Great adventure!
Two of us went on the canopy tour next day after Mother's day and absolutely loved every single moment of it. The atmosphere is very friendly, fun and inviting. All the tour guides we've met were very confident, very well trained and helpful.
Weather was very good and we felt very lucky not to have any wind for the first trip. I think it could've been more fun, however as first timer I felt safe and comfy.
We'll come again!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Four of us went zip lining at Sonoma Canopy Tours. It was exhilirating! The group before us cancelled, so we got to go in early. The people were friendly, helpful and fun. They had lots of safety equipment and made sure everything was working properly. We were given a training lesson and practice zip before they took us to the tree tops. Our guides were great, encouraging us, teaching about the environment and making it fun. We were in a group of 8, so we got to talk with other people while we waited for our turn. The best part was the long 600 yard zip.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband, 11 yr old daughter and I did the canopy tour at the end of March 2013. Very well designed course with varying levels of difficulty. Very challenging for me as you are very very high up, however the guides (Luke and Ashley) were confidence-inspiring and very kind. It is a rush zooming over the trees!! We all felt a super sense of accomplishment at the end. I also felt it was an amazing bonding experience for our family. The entire tour took over 2 hrs, 7 zip lines, 2 sky bridges, tree stairs and rappel at the end to get down to ground level. This tour was a highlight of our 9 days in the SFO/Sonoma areas. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank beezneez123
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is an amazing alternative to all the wine country touring. I am full on scared of heights and made it all the way through thanks to our guides. They made us feel so comfortable and entertained. Even when I had a major freak out and didnt think I would ever make it off the repel platform they were supportive. You have got to try this!