“Wow! Really Fun”

and up
Ziplining Adventure in Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sonoma Canopy Tours is located in Occidental, CA - approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco and 30 minutes west of Santa Rosa in the Sonoma County. Sonoma Canopy Tours offers two courses - both course feature 7 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, stairs, and end with a rappel to the forest floor. The Forest Flight Course is offered during the day & night flights are available. The Tree Tops Course features a longer zipline and is perched above the Forest Flight Course.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Ziplining in CA. It was so fun and exciting. I have never done this anywhere else so I cannot compare it to others but it was everything that was promised and more. It was safe and easy, I am sure most people could do it with no problems. The staff is friendly and so helpful and funny too! I thought that it was worth every penny and that the $75 ( I think that was the price) was a reasonable price for the experience. I would definately go again.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The zip lining is great fun. Our guides Sarah and Mitchell were awesome. They were very patient and caring with the reluctant members of our group. They are very safety conscious going over everything before you actually go out on course. One thing to remember is that you are up in the air the entire time on platforms, not like other places such as Hawaii where you come back to ground level each time. So, if you are afraid of heights, you need to keep this in mind. Overall, a great experience. We will be back!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Yesterday Saturday 12/22 I went on an amazing and majorly fun zip lining adventure with Sonoma Canopy Tours. We were all nervous at first but our guides Ian and Ed put us at ease with their expertise.

The adventure is 2 1/2 hours and their are 7 zips if you will, with one that is 800 feet long which is great cause it gives you time to check out the beautiful scenery (and rainbows in our case). You are about 100 feet off the ground but you feel safe zipping from one platform to the other.

The adventure ended with us learning how to rappel and then doing it from a 50 ft high platform.

This tour is highly recommended and loads of fun!

2  Thank sfcelb
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Sonoma Canopy Tours was an outstanding experience! Frankly, I was not that interested in doing the "zip line through the trees" thing but my wife was. So, having passed on participating in Mexico where I just knew I would break my neck, I decided to give the business to the local folks out near Occidental. Besides, the medical care that I “just knew” I would need would be closer to home. What a GREAT time. The “pre-boarding” training was excellent. Once we completed that I felt totally confident…the equipment is new and well maintained…no rust in sight or thread bare belts. Safety is very important to these folks. The two guides were friendly and caring for those that showed the slightest apprehensions. Yes, you are UP in the top of the trees and, frankly, you don’t have time to look down. You are continually “tied” to the tree so, you can if you wish, take a look down from one of the platforms in the trees. The experience was a wonderful way to spend an afternoon…rain or shine. A beautiful time…

Reviewed November 27, 2012

What can you say but WOW!!! The experience was worth the anticipation. It added more to my beliefs that there is an awesome God who created all things. I did it with my sister, nephew and broinlaw as it was my sister's bday wish. Happy birthday, sis. Our guides Ed and Joey, were the best. Joey, is the best human beat box that I have heard and seen. Can't wait to do it again with my friends.

Deborah K, Public Relations Manager at Sonoma Canopy Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Anthony,

Thanks so much for the kind words! Don't let the wet weather get you down - we run Sonoma Canopy Tours in the rain - actually, people say the lines are faster! Don't worry, we don't run in thunder or lightening - but a little rain never hurt anyone!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Debbie