“Excellently run, beautiful location”

Sonoma Canopy Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Ziplining Adventure in Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sonoma Canopy Tours is located in Occidental, CA - approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco and 30 minutes west of Santa Rosa in the Sonoma County. Sonoma Canopy Tours offers two courses - both course feature 7 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, stairs, and end with a rappel to the forest floor. The Forest Flight Course is offered during the day & night flights are available. The Tree Tops Course features a longer zipline and is perched above the Forest Flight Course.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellently run, beautiful location”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Recommended. I have done many active outdoor trips and these guys run this one very well. The location is excellent, and the facilities are new well maintained and the training and management of groups is excellent.

Visited July 2012

Elk Grove, California
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Idiot Proof!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have ziplined previously, but this was our first time here. The experience is completely idiot proof and exercise-free. They have it set up so that from start to finish you don't have to do anything risky or sweaty.

You are strapped into a double harness, helmetted and given a pair of leather gloves and instructed to never remove anything until the end of the tour. You are then driven to the start of the course and from there you zipline from treetop to treetop through a beautiful Redwood Forest until the rappel at the end.

The guides completely take care of you, double securing you to safety lines every step of the way.

This is a great activity for first timers that are nervous about flying 100 ft. off the ground, but more experienced folks will be dissatisfied with the experience, as much time is spent standing around on the little platforms.

Its pretty expensive, too.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank klpopp
Denver, Colorado
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Didn't Want It To End!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband, two teenagers and I tried ziplining for the first time with Sonoma Canopy Tours. We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. Ian and Alexis were fully professional and we felt completely safe the entire time. They were also quite amusing in their explanations throughout the tour and we felt lucky to get such friendly guides (though everybody at SCT seemed very friendly). They regaled us with historical anecdotes and ecological/geological information as well. The only negative was when it was over. We can't wait to do it again!

Vallejo, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Anyone can Zip!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Sara and Ed are hilarious, dedicated and professional. Grandparents and Grand daughters had a blast in the Redwoods. My husband and I are in our mid 60's, but we fit requirement of being
"of average strength and moderate good health. Anyone can do this course. It's very safe because of the wonderful guides and their attention to detail. Quite of few 'mature' ladies came up to me after we rapelled 60' and asked how I liked the experiences and how I did. I told them I had a blast even though I have bad knees and am not as fit as I once was. I encouraged them to sign up and not to miss the experience. I nenver done anything this like this and I was easy!!
Anyone can zip!!! Many thanks to Sara and Ed for a fantastic day. Our 12 - 14 year old grand daughters very much enjoyed the day also.

Bismarck, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zippin' the Redwoods!”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Zippin' the Redwoods was by far our favorite adventure while visiting Sonoma County CA.(also tried ballooning)
This was the first time we tried a zipline adventure and I was somewhat nervous about trying this since I have a moderate fear of heights. But the safety equipment provided and professional guides simply took away my fear of heights.

We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and would do it again in a heartbeat. And trust me this will get your heart beating!

Can't say enough about our guides Brandon and Joey. Very professional, but kept things on the lighter side. They certainly enjoy their jobs. Very friendly and informative.

Thanks guys!

If you take this tour, definitely add the helmet cam. It is worth the added expense. We are reliving the adventure through our video!

1 Thank RandyG2003