“Fun adventure in the coastal redwoods!”

Sonoma Canopy Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Ziplining Adventure in Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sonoma Canopy Tours is located in Occidental, CA - approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco and 30 minutes west of Santa Rosa in the Sonoma County. Sonoma Canopy Tours offers two courses - both course feature 7 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, stairs, and end with a rappel to the forest floor. The Forest Flight Course is offered during the day & night flights are available. The Tree Tops Course features a longer zipline and is perched above the Forest Flight Course.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was our second time. We brought out-of-town friends. Just as before, the staff is very friendly and make the whole experience very enjoyable. The guides are very professional and a lot of fun.

They take safety seriously- if you're afraid of heights, this is one way to work through it. It seems very liberating for some. Zip lines, suspension bridges, staircase, and repelling- all in a beautiful setting in the coastal redwoods of Occidental. We'll keep coming back and can't wait for new zip lines to open!!!

1  Thank Sonoma_Js

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We had a wonderful time at Sonoma Canopy Tours. Guides were great, ziplines were fun, rappel wasn't as hard as it looked at first. Always felt very safe and comfortable. Recommend it highly.

1  Thank kruizerkarol
Reviewed September 10, 2011

If you are going to be in the Sonoma, Napa, San Francisco area, I encourage everyone to go ziplining through the Redwoods with Sonoma Canopy Tours! My husband, son, brother, nephew and I went. This was a such a fun adventure. The guides make the experience that much better because they are entertaining and energetic!

1  Thank CAQ93
Reviewed September 8, 2011

This was one of the highlights of our recent trip to northern California. Our guides were Ian and Zack(sp?) and they did a great job. Beyond making us (wife and I) feel safe they also shared a lot of history and information about the redwoods.

I will not soon forget the view we experienced up on those tree stands.

The "800 footer" is not to be missed. We also enjoyed the sky bridges and the 80-foot rappel.

I will be back

2  Thank dbk51
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was the most anticipated event on our trip to Nor Cal. It was all my son could talk about on the flight here. It did not disappoint. Everything was very organized and the staff was very friendly. Safety was my foremost concern and I was please to see that no corners were cut in that area.
When we went, all the slots were full and there was no room for getting on a different flight. Which brings me to my recommendations.
1. Book early. We got the last slots for the day and I booked 2 months in advance.
2. Most important! Show up early. A car picks you up to take you to the start point 20 minutes prior to your flight. It leaves on time! If you miss it, there is not another one for 30 minutes and you have no other way to get there. By then, you have missed your flight.
Your day is over!! I saw it happen to a couple who missed the car by about 2 minutes. It was so sad.
The only acrimony happened at the end of the flight when you get to rappel down the giant redwood. I was in Spec Ops as a youth so I decided that instead of just lowering myself down, I would push off the tree and bounce my way down. Let's just say they did not like that. :)
My bad.