“This is the REAL California”

Sonoma Canopy Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Ziplining Adventure in Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sonoma Canopy Tours is located in Occidental, CA - approximately 1.5 hours north of San Francisco and 30 minutes west of Santa Rosa in the Sonoma County. Sonoma Canopy Tours offers two courses - both course feature 7 ziplines, 2 sky bridges, stairs, and end with a rappel to the forest floor. The Forest Flight Course is offered during the day & night flights are available. The Tree Tops Course features a longer zipline and is perched above the Forest Flight Course.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This experience was the highlight of my visit to California. The people of this company are clearly enjoying their jobs and they all like each other. The thought of the flying from tree to tree can seem daunting, but I was surprised that I was not afraid at any time. I am not a fan of heights, but when you are up in a Redwood tree and zipping along, you don't look down, you look out or to the next tree. The guides in our group were fabulous and funny. Each zip was clearly explained. It was such a wonderful feeling to fly along. I would do this again and again. The cost of this was quite low as well.
If you go, there some great restaurants in the nearby towns.

2  Thank jmorrij

Reviewed July 15, 2011

A fantastic event. Molly & Kate were great guides, very informative on their environment, full of advice on how to get the best out of the experience and totally relaxing.
One of the most memorable events of my trip down the west coast so far - thoroughly recommended

2  Thank Manningsp
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This is a really fun and exhilarating activity. Our guides were just top notch. They were funny and entertaining, but also totally safety-conscious and responsible, and very supportive and encouraging (let's face it, you'd have to be dead to not be at least a little nervous). It's a beautiful area that you "zip" through, both the treetops and within the tree canopy. My one thought at the end was: I wish it was longer!

2  Thank flipper314
Reviewed January 29, 2011

This was our Christmas gift outing our 20-something boys. It will be forever remembered as a wonderful time and great lifetime trip on a zip-line through the trees. I was the nervous one, even though it was my idea in the first place. I don't really have the a problem with heights, as much as just falling. So this was a big leap for me. My nervousness was put to rest by our wonderful guides, Will and James. They made us feel confident and safe in the ground school and during the flights. Loved meeting the other woman who were in our group, that made the day fun and relaxed. I have already talked this up to our friends and can't wait to take our grandchildren when they get bigger. Do it, you will never forget it! Enjoy:)

3  Thank NorthCalifSunnyj
Reviewed November 8, 2010

On a wine trip to Sonoma, we decided to do something a little different. We made reservations with the Canopy tours. We had a great time. our group consisted of a 77,74,
65 and 63 year old. It was no problem for any of us to really enjoy the experience. The staff was really super and the course was well layed out and the enviornment was beautiful. What a thrill to stand on a small platform 100 ft above ground and feel completely safe. We have been up to Sonoma to visit wineries many times but zip lining in the redwoods of Sonoma will make this our most memorable trip to date.

3  Thank Gary K