“Don't bother...”
Review of PlumpJack Winery

PlumpJack Winery
Ranked #15 of 21 things to do in Oakville
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Worst winery experience of the day. Actually the wine was not half bad but the arrogance of the surfer like dude serving the 4 lousy wine tastings behind the bar was embarrassing...for him. The first words out of his mouth were "we do not discount anything because we don't have too. Our inventory is selling out faster than ever" OK we just don't care we are here to learn about your winery not your level of arrogance. Would not buy one bottle.

4  Thank Liz K
in 21 reviews
"beautiful area"
"tasting menu"
in 3 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"great wine"
in 13 reviews
"property"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wine sipping friend and I had been to 30 wineries the last few months in Napa Valley exploring the unique places to visit for a group of out-of-towners. After the group had come and gone, we decided to keep exploring once a month. This was by far the WORST experience I have ever had in a tasting room. The tasting room was filled with Tom shoes on sale, TV on a surfing channel, RayBan sunglasses and other non related wine items. If the guy behind the bar said ten words to us, I'd be surprised. We were stunned to say the least. I'm still totally shocked over this experience and would gladly take the $40 bucks (for two of us) back - BTW $20 gets you 3 small tastes.

3  Thank ZiggyU
Reviewed October 1, 2013

A recent visit lacked any ooomph!

PlumpJack wines were delicious and well-balanced in the past. This time they lacked fruit, depth, and finesse. I was very disappointed. Price has gone up--for $90+ a cab better wow me and this did not.

I would try it if you enjoy very tannic wines that are over-priced. Otherwise, pass it up.

2  Thank MattMichRO
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We visited the PlumpJack Winery with friends and really enjoyed the wine there.. the place was not busy and we were able to enjoy a bottle on the deck outside..

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a fun place (I guess) if you are in a limousine & part of a bridal party & like to screech & holler in a tasting room. We've been there twice, and each time it was the same: loud, obnoxious patrons, getting their pictures taken while everyone else is trying to appreciate decent wine. Do the Cade tasting; and ask if they have any Syrah open!

1  Thank DandR5153