“Casual and friendly tasting experience with GREAT wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Silver Oak Cellars

Silver Oak Cellars
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: We pride ourselves on making one varietal that is food-friendly and deliciously drinkable upon release. Our story begins in the early 1970's when Ray Duncan befriended winegrower Justin Meyer. The two formed a partnership and co-founded Silver Oak Cellars in 1972 with the bold vision of producing only Cabernet Sauvignon. Come experience the Silver Oak Cellars Napa Valley winery in Oakville, CA to enjoy exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon wine tasting tours.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Casual and friendly tasting experience with GREAT wine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Visiting Silver Oak has been a bucket list item for me for many years. We finally got there last week and it was better than I could ever could have hoped! The place is beautiful with a long driveway with yellow flowers as far as the eye can see. The venue for tasting is certainly beautiful, but very warm and inviting, not like many of the other Napa vineyards. Once inside, a wonderful greeter gave us the background and invited us to the tasting at a beautiful bar. For $20, the tasting was for three great cabs. Since my wife does not drink wine, she browsed through the great clothing and store in the front of the winery which has some really awesome items. The Silver Oak people were so warm and friendly that I ended up meeting several folks from my hometown in NY on their staff. Each one kept introducing to the next. Could have stayed all day just with the friendly company. The wine is amazing and has always been my favorite cab. All in all, this could not have been a better experience on a perfect day in the Napa Valley. Note ,they even let our young ones (10 and 15) in the store near the bar and gave me additional wine after my clothing purchase. This was not expected and very appreciated. I would love to take some folks here in the future as the private tasting rooms looked really fun and inviting.

Visited April 2014

• Korean first
Atlanta
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I need a steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Went to Silver Oak today. We did not have a reservation but the tasting room was open. For $20, they were doing a tasting of 3 cabs. While we were on our 2nd wine, we were asked if we wanted to join the tour as some people did not show for their reservation, Cathy was our guide and it was such an enjoyable tour. Great history and story about the winery and the Cabernet is spectacular.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank frequentflyer24
New York
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A great, friendly, wine-filled tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

For a 10 AM tasting, we were greeted and immediately given a Silver Oak wine glass and the glass was filled! The employees were all nicer than the next employee. We wound up on a tour with Tom, who was wonderful. He was very knowledgeable and friendly and answered all questions.....and kept filling our glass ALL through the tour! We learned a lot, saw a lot...and drank a lot of good wine. But, we all enjoyed. There were 6 couples, which may be the maximum for a tour, where we felt we got personal attention. Unfortunately, we cam at the end of March which is off-season, but we were able to see the beautiful grounds nd learn the history.

Visited March 2014
Davis, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“What I expected from Silver Oak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had been wanting to check out Silver Oak for some time and was excited when my wife and I stumbled upon it randomly. The staff behind the bar were very friendly and the man that poured us wine was knowledgeable and nice. The wines were above average, but not as good as some of the best cabernets I've had. So I'm giving Silver Oak 3 stars just due to the fact that for such a legendary name and following I feel their Cab's should be better. That being said I did purchase one for home but if you are looking for a more special cab I would go somewhere else.

Visited March 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful grounds!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We have always loved the Silver Oak Cab...so we wanted to visit while in Napa. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and we had perfect weather. The tasting was great!

Visited January 2014