“Favorite wine tour” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
Napa Wine Tour From San Francisco with Castello Di Amorosa Including Lunch
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended winery in Napa Valley that offers educational tours and music concerts at select times.
tucson,az
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Favorite wine tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

This was our favorite place we stopped at. Our tour guide Richard was very sweet. I fell in love with the St. Francis statue in the front with the gold inlay. In fact, there are a lot of pieces of art on the grounds, it was a nice surprise. Also, the Moscato is to die for.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Wonderful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

If you go to Mondavi, make sure that you do their tour. It's very educational and thorough. You get to walk through their beautiful winery and the wine making facility. It's definitely worth the money. I've done tasting tours at 3 places so far and Mondavi is the best (so far) followed by Chandon (which I also recommend). I enjoyed Mondavi 10x more than Del Dotto.

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2009

I traded in some of my WorldPoints through BofA to get the "Robert Mondavi Experience". It was amazing. There were 6 people in the group--- me, my BF and a family of 4. First we did a walking tour of grounds, buildings etc that was great. Then we had a four course lunch with paired wine which was extraordinary...I think this meal is probably the best meal that my BF and I have had together and we go out A LOT. If that was not enough we then got to do some great tastings and left with 4 bottles of exceptional wine.
This is a highlight of my trips to Napa/Sonoma! However, I would suggest that you go off season otherwise it will be packed with tourists and not the same experience.

1 Thank banananut
New York, NY
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Very educational”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2008

We took the Tokalon tour, and it was very educational. My husband is an avid wine drinker and he wants to start learning about wine making...that tour was perfect for him.

We're lucky that our group was small and intimate, also our guide was a lot of fun. We tasted 3 wines plus a muscat. All four wines was average, wasn't bad but wasn't great either.

Overall, a good experience and the most informative tour in Napa (if you realy want to know about wine making). I highly reccomend this as the first tour you take if you're going to Napa for the very first time and have never gone wine tasting before. It will provide you with a very good introduction to wine making and tasting.

Cleveland, Ohio
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“Beautiful cellar, fascinating tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

True, these people act like Robert Mondavi is singlehandedly repsonsible for wine itself, and the staff is a little pretentious, but who cares? The tour is fantastic and probably the most educational one I took in Napa. The To Kalon tour takes you through the vineyards, lets you eat the grapes, view the huge oak tanks they ferment the wine in, and most impressively you get to see their beautiful cellar of french oak casks. The tour is very informative at every step of the way, and culminates in a tasting of 3 - 4 wines. For us it was Chardonnay, Cabernet, Pinot Noir, and "because it's a small group" a special tasting of Moscato. This may have been the single best tour we took in Napa Valley.

However, take the tour, not the tastings. Tour was $25 and a regular tasting was $20 for your choice of three wines. Might as well see the grounds and get three wines as it is. When you're done, you get a 10% discount at the wine shop if you're interested in taking some home.