“Napa Wine Tour”

and up
Private Napa Valley Customized Wine Tour
Ranked #5 of 21 things to do in Oakville
More attraction details
Owner description: A recommended winery in Napa Valley that offers educational tours and music concerts at select times.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We took a tour bus and visited 4 wineries. This was the best as you had an employee give a walking tour (wine in hand) through the wine processing room, into the cellars. We sampled I believe 4 wines there. Purchased the Chocolate Chardonnay sauce as Christmas presents. The others were Menage a' Trois, Mario Andretti and Franciscan. They harvest the grapes in October so try to get there before November (like we did) .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)
All reviews
in 32 reviews
"nice tasting"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Whatever you do, do not join the Robert Mondavi wine club. I joined it and the first few shipments were ok. Then on my most recent shipment they charged my credit card almost $200 for 3 bottles of wine that were never shipped to my house. They never did anything on their end to try to manage the situation. They waited for me to call asking about the shipment only to tell me that the shipment never left their facility. Although they had no problem charging my card and keeping my money.

At that point I told them I didn't want the wine because who know how long it had been sitting around and at what temperature? I asked them to refund my money. After more than a week they still had not refunded my money and the only excuse they had was that they were still checking to see if the shipment had taken place, even though they specifically told me that it didn't over a week ago.

With the prices they charge, from about $40 - $150/bottle I would expect excellent customer service and some type of effort on their part to atone for their mistake. I got exactly none of that. I will be happy to buy my wine from Costco until the next time I make it out to Napa and find a better company to deal with.

3  Thank JeffC48439
Reviewed November 15, 2013

splurge and get the exclusive tour and ask for Doug to be the tour guide.....he is fun and takes his time. We took other tours with groups and DO NOT recommend. The personal tours are the way to go. You get more attention and is more fun. Doug though should be your tour guide as you will have the most fun with him guaranteed

1  Thank Ses2494
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had our tasting in the cellar, which is very beautiful and has a pretty cool statute of what we were told was St. Francis. This winery has a bottling line on site! Some wineries don't, so it was nice to know that Mondavi does bottle. The family history is awesome to listen to. The views are awesome. I would highly recommend going.