“Great Lunch & Dinner”

Max's Diner & Bar
Ranked #693 of 1,286 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Close to my work site and hotel. The food portion was generous and everything was delicious. Everyone ordered something different and I don't think there was a bad meal to be had. The lunch was so good, that I took a friend there for dinner the next day.

There are newer reviews for Max's Diner & Bar

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Our daughter works near this restaurant so my wife and I visited her and ended up at Max's for lunch. The menu was typical American but it had a lot of choices and a few items of distinction.

I had the grilled cheese sandwich with three cheeses and tomato. It was excellent. The fries were good.

My wife and daughter had salads - they were large and excellent.

Service was prompt. The beer selection was small but good - you can get several on tap.

This restaurant is in an office area with a number of other restaurants nearby - both sit down and take out. It's a good area to find something that suits your taste.