“Great bed close to Oakland airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport

You added Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8452 Edes Ave, Oakland, CA 94621-1306 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
“Great bed close to Oakland airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Had an early flight out of Oakland so I choose this hotel because of the recommendation. Neighborhood is a bit rough, thought the night clerk was very hospitable, great with information, and a good person. Room was clean, comfortable bed, and strong hot water in the shower. I would stay there again for the same reason it did this time.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TerrySchaefer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Goleta, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I came into town one day earlier than expected. So my partner called in to arrange for my stay. We had reservations for Saturday & Sunday. He added Friday night stay for me. When I checked in I was assured we would be able to stay in the same room all weekend. The next day after someone knocking on my door to remind me I had to check out I went to front desk to find out what was going on. The woman at the front desk chose to speak over my words without listening. She told me I had to check out & would be able to check back in when my partner arrived. I tried to tell her that per the front desk clerk that checked me in yesterday all was arranged. She continued to talk without listening, so I checked out. Later as I sat waiting for my partner to arrive she tells me she was trying to help me...I walked away for fear I would say something hurtful, I was angry...instead of a peaceful afternoon to catch up on work via my laptop, I was stuck sitting in the lobby waiting for my guy to arrive from his 5 hour travel. Poor communication & customer service. Would not recommend this place for anything but a flop house!

Room Tip: choose one someplace else!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank EMACRAB
Aloha, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This motel was a real pleasure. It was quiet and well kept. Had a the surrounding area nice might look a little scary but security was great. the room was very clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. Both of which were clean and workable. Very close to the Coliseum since sporting events. Within a rock's throw the airport.

Room Tip: I imagine just about any room would be good at this location.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Summit, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Was in town to go to an Oakland A's game. This hotel is situated about 3/4 mile from o.co coliseum. There is a Clarion property, situated next door to this Comfort inn, that has closed and the local artist have worked quit heavily on. That property is now fenced and security is on duty. That being said, the Comfort Inn was a very clean, comfortable accommodation. At no time did we feel threatened while here. The breakfast was adequate and well stocked. Staff was courteous and helpful. The only thing that would have made it better would have been shuttle service to and from O.CO Coliseum. They offered shuttle service to the airport only. We felt safe walking to the game(in daylight) but caught a ride back after dark. If attending a game or a function at Oracle Coliseum, this is very convenient at reasonable price. Do not let the looks of some of the surroundings scare you away. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room toward the shut down Clarion. At this time no construction or anything, so very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stayed the night before our flight out of Oakland. They give up to 14 days parking, we parked for 10 days. It does cost a little more to include the parking but its well worth it. The room was a good size. There is free wifi and a free breakfast included. The breakfast had scrabble eggs, sausage, waffles, coffee, orange juice, bagels and much more. The Oakland A's and Oakland Raider's play their games close-by.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Wow! Shockingly surprised. Free wifi, parking and breakfast? Unheard of in this market these days. Stayed two nights. The area is right next to the coliseum. One mile to the Bart station which has free parking to take the train into SF. There are
not many places to dine, BUT there is a quaint street called Park in Alameda less than 5 miles away that has a great "Main Street" feel with a plethora of great restaurants. Safe. Easy parking or taxi ride. This stay gave me a whole new outlook on The Oakland Airport area. Not fancy. But, incredibly comfy. 4 beds on each bed. Super!

Room Tip: Worth every penny. 3rd floor very quiet!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Allison W
young101, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest, Our entire team is delighted that your stay was enjoyable. It is always a rewarding experience when we receive feedback from our guests. We look forward to your next visit again soon. Warmest regards.
Berwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Great stay. I must admit I was worried based on the area but it was awesome. Front desk staff fantastic. I'm a diamond member, I know fantastic when I experience it. Check this out. This is the only hotel I've been in that actually has a fitness center,whirlpool and sauna all on the same place and available 24/7. Now try finding that elsewhere,I dare you !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business