“Would stay here again”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Initial reaction when rolling in at midnight was good. Security guard greeted me. The front desk staff greeted me by name (last reservation probably had something to do with this), and the room was extremely clean and comfortable. No issues with a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The bed, sheets, pillows are newer than you find in Quinta Inn and comes with a sofa. The shower and sink area is very spacious compared to Quinta Inns cramped bathroom. The pillows are feather so tough luck if you have allergies. My other complaint is the tiny breakfast area. It can only serve 20 people but both mornings it seemed like there were people waiting for tables. We ended up eatting in our rooms both mornings.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sichuanbob
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Having come from another Comfort Inn (in Maryland) and en route to another one (also in CA), this was the pick of the litter. I was there three nights and was very comfortable. Checked in very late, thanks to Dollar Rent a Car, but got immediate service (from someone I did not have to wake up); the room was relatively large with a microwave and fridge. Wireless worked well and the room was clean. I did not use the fitness amenities or the bar.

The property is immediately off a highway on-ramp - which is obviously good if you are using the highway (sorry, freeway). There is some stuff just north - a small grocery, a Dennys, some fast food; a Walmart is just across the freeway. You won't want to head south on the street grid (as opposed to the freeway), not on foot anyway - it's warehouses and industry and then not the best of urban America. But this will not matter for your stay, which is perfectly secure and almost certainly automobile-centered. If so, this is a good stay at a good price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CanariesPA
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Upon landing at comfort inn was greeted very slowly. Next, got a agent that talked very fast and just to tired to follow. Now, for the good stuff. Right off the freeway, quick access to both directions. I also used the hottub, which was nice and hot; my favorite part. Bed was comfy as well. Room was nice and clean.

My complaints: slow Internet, rude breakfast server(practically made a scene when I had a question). It was something like being loud talked, or chastised. Forgot to hang my siign on the door, and a maid came barging in at 8 am. No spray for waffle maker, so your waffle got stuck each time. Empty boxes and trash stored near customer seating, and the breakfast room needed more space for the 3 floor hotel. Resident bar closes at 11 pm, um okay.

Very honest review, purely a conscious observer.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Femi2012
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Check in was speedy and friendly. Room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. A small fridge and microwave along with a small wet bar space were all a plus. Price was reasonable. Great stay overall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed July 4, 2012

After reading some of the negative reviews I felt compelled to give my positive feedback. The staff is friendly and efficient. The room is clean and updated.The parking is secure and plentiful related to the park and fly. I won't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jim R
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites one night as part of a Park and Fly Package. After checking in to our room we went out dinner. When we got back we found that our door was unlocked. We then discovered that our door did not even lock, including the door bolt. As the motel is not in a very safe area we felt very vulnerable. I called down to the front desk clerk who basically told me that the motel was booked and there was nothing she could do about it. No offer to have someone come up and look at the lock. Just nothing that could be done. I was so upset and really couldn't sleep that night. We put our luggage against the door. The next morning the breakfast room was full of young kids eating as though it was their last meal - so could barely get a cup of coffee. Coming back at the Oakland Airport, we ran out to the sport that we were told to go to and meet the shuttle. The shuttle passed us by even as we waved at the driver and yelled to get their attention. I called the motel who told me the next shuttle was in a 1/2 hour - and guess what - there was nothing she could do about it. Think it was the same clerk. The shuttle driver showed no expression when I stated he had passed us by. We were the only people on the shuttle and he didn't even drive us to our car. Just stopped in the middle of the motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank XinAn
Travelers also viewed these Oakland hotels
Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
Quality Inn Oakland
Quality Inn Oakland
#28 of 49 in Oakland

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn & Suites

Address: 8452 Edes Ave, Oakland, CA 94621-1306 (Formerly Fairfield Inn & Suites Oakland Hayward)
Location: United States > California > Oakland
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Price Range: $119 - $228 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn & Suites 2.5*
Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport offers the perfect balance of convenience, affordability, and satisfaction. During your stay, you’ll find many amenities available to nourish your body and comfort your soul. Located just 3 miles from OAK Airport ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Hotel Oakland