“Favorite Bay Area Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel twice now and I'm incredibly impressed with the customer service and quality of rooms both times. Dorothy, front desk, was incredibly friendly and accommodating and Clarence, the driver, was a delightful driver!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Ashley,

When we hear such praise from repeat guests like you, we know we are doing our job right. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, especially your complimentary remarks for Dorothy and Clarence. I will let them know that you appreciated their hospitality.

We look forward to being of service to you again!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I had made an online reservation for Thursday night on Wednesday morning. However, I discovered at the last minute today, (Wednesday afternoon), that I needed to stay at this hotel tonight, also.

I called and spoke with Jesus Ibarra. He was WONDERFUL! He was able to book the same type of room for my Wednesday night stay that I had already booked for my Thursday night stay, (the hotel was almost completely sold out). This will save me having to change rooms after 1 night.

The room, (a King suite), is exactly as promised. Plenty of room and a nice comfy bed. Clean bathroom and excellent wifi.

The hotel's location is perfect for someone wanting to be close to the airport the next morning to return a rental car and get to the airport quickly. Being able to grab a good breakfast, quickly, is a big plus, too.

Jesus Ibarra made the last 2 days of my family's Spring Break trip a pleasure!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on the outstanding commitment to guest satisfaction that our team shows every day. We are very proud of them, so I will share your compliments. They will be pleased, especially Jesus.

I am glad we were able to make your travels easier and more enjoyable. We hope to do so again, upon your next visit.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Upon checking in I was greeted by Dorothy at the front desk. She had a wonderful smile and was truly interested in making my first visit to this hotel a pleasant one. When entering my room it wasn't the one I had booked and she readily got my room changed to the one I wanted. Cecilia in housekeeping verified the room was ready and all was good. Thank you Dorothy and Cecilia for the excellent service!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your five star review of our hotel. We believe our team offers the absolute best in hospitality, so your comments are much appreciated. I will pass on your compliments: our staff will be pleased, especially Dorothy and Cecilia.

Your business is important to us, I hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

At check-in for our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Oakland, CA. at the airport, Dorothy was the service agent at the front desk, with JD managing. Dorothy has the finest attitude and is dedicated to great customer service. She was extremely attentative to our desires and needs, took the time with us to ensure we were completely satisfied with the room and services of her hotel, and smiled with a friendly word or comment the entire time. JD was responsive to Dorothy's request for assistance and also ensured we, the customers, were well cared for.
Dorothy also was on duty the following morning to cover the shift for an ill coworker, still with that smile and cheerful attitude.
These are people this organization should treasure and keep on staff. The Holiday Inn Express upper management and owners need to not only retain these two stellar employees, but probably place them on the list to promote within the organization at the earliest opportunity.
This was our second stay at this hotel and we'll continue to use your facilities as long as these fine individuals, and their peers, remain. Keep up the great work!
The gentlemen who drove the shuttle also provided quick, curteous service.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Bill,

We are very proud of Dorothy, JD and the rest of our team. We believe they provide the ultimate in service to our guests; and your lovely review proves my point. I will certainly share your comments with them.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to the Bay Area. I hope you can visit us again.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Clarence, the shuttle driver, was the first to welcome us to this airport hotel with a big smile and helping hand. He gave the extra effort to make our stay at the Holiday Inn a very pleasant one. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We consider our shuttle driver’s primary job is to be a welcome committee and your glowing review confirmed this. Thank you for commenting on Clarence’s wonderful sense of hospitality, I will share your comments with him.

Your business is important to us and we look forward to being of service to you again.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I hope that anyone checking in soon has the opportunity to be helped by Dorthy. I checked in and then remembered I needed parking for two weeks. She helped me get the right rate and eased my over traveled mind.
Thank you again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear HAKMEG ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to hear you get to experience our great customer service through Dorothy. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I visited this Hotel for 3 nights while touring San Francisco. It has good shuttle service to both the airport and to the Coliseum BART Station. This staff was very helpful. It is a good alternative to the much pricier San Francisco side of the bay. I would definitely stay again if re-visiting the bay area.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay on our side of the bay and that you found it a good value for your trip to San Francisco. Your willingness to stay with us again is the best recommendation we could ask for.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your San Francisco headquarters!