“Wonderful place to stay in Oakland”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took a little weekend get-a-way over the Labor Day Weekend. Came in to go to the A's game on Friday night.
We parked our vehicle and checked in with a wonderful front desk rep who was friendly, nice and very helpful. Since we were planning on go to O.com that night to see the A's, we asked about transportation, and the Holiday Inn Express took us to the Bart Station that has a walkway into the ball park, and then we just called them when were done. What fantastic service.
In the morning after a great night of rest, we went down and had a great breakfast that was included in the rate.
You just can't get any better than this serivce here.
If you are staying in the Airport area, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: There is an indoor hot tub, free coffee, and free newspaper. Also, exercise room, and business cent...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Kaye and Sid,

What a great 5-star review, thank you. Many of our guests enjoy our easy shuttle to see games and other events. With our free breakfast, hot tub and wi-fi, a stay at our hotel becomes a reasonably priced getaway.

I hope that you are able to come back again soon for another fun weekend.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter and I and 2 of her friends stayed here the night before an early morning flight to Maui. The trip was a college graduation gift from me to the 3 of them. I was going to park at a local park n fly but the rate at the hotel is less per night and their shuttle service was excellent. Clarence was waiting early and loaded our bags up and got us off to a great start to our vacation. Even though we were in the lobby an hour before the breakfast buffet started there was fruit and bagels and juice and COFFEE all ready to go. The beds were comfortable although none of us slept much since we were a little excited. On the return we called as soon as we all had our luggage and the shuttle was there in less than 5 minutes...took us straight to our car and loaded us up...awesome service!!! Anyway thanks again for the wonderful service and looking forward to my next trip next month. Plan to do exactly the same except with the wife this time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank daMoose9
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Your comment, “awesome service” is the ultimate compliment! I know that we have done our job well when our guests say that. I am happy that our shuttle and breakfast service made your trip to Hawaii stress free, as well as fun.

We look forward to your next visit with your wife. Thank you.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Drove in from LA for a Bears/Raiders game Friday night 8/23/13. Checked into hotel at 5pm, fast and friendly staff ! The shuttle was ready in 15 minutes to drop us off at the Oo Colesium, and after game we called for shuttle pick up and we waited no more than 15 minutes.... We are definitely coming back. The bestest hospitality I've had in a long time. Thanks

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank masfinar
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

It doesn’t get any better than “the bestest hospitality”! Thank you for such kudos. I am happy that the shuttle service worked out so well for your Raiders game. It is a big hit with alot of our Raiders fans.

We hope you can come back for another Raiders game soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I travel nation wide usually 2-3 times a week but I just wanted to take a second to acknowledge the management, staff including Clarence the shuttle driver. This is facility was very clean, the breakfast buffet start is excellent and the complete hotel staff were very courteous and friendly. Any questions regarding local commuting, Clarence was the man. Yenny was very exceptional at the front desk and took all the extra steps to ensure that my stay was a memorable experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Charlie,

Road warriors like yourself could probably write a book on hotels. So when we get compliments from them, we are thrilled. I will tell our staff, especially Clarence and Yenny about your praise for their kind hospitality for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us on such a regular basis.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I/We have been using Holiday Inn Express Exclusively since the summer of 2008. They have all met and the vast majority of them have exceeded our expectations; but, the one that truely Wow'd me was the Holiday Inn Express at 66Airport Acess Rd. (Just outside of Oakland IAP) . I knew well in advance I had recieved a great "Plan Ahead Rate", But from the moment I arrived and throughout may two day stay-I have NEVER had such professional and courteous treatment EVER...Bar Non... The best. Makes you want to steal all of their employees (LoL). Clarence was also the absolute best. He made me feel like he was my personal chauffeur..yet I observed the same treatment with others as well. Great Job..from a Great Crew..I'll definitely be staying here again when in the Bay Area.
T.M. Boak, Ops Mgr. Shop Ink Link, Kailua,Kona Hawaii

Room Tip: All Rooms Are Premium....Quiet and vey comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Tom,

Getting a fabulous review like yours is the ultimate reward in running a hotel. I am so grateful that you loved our team and everything they do for our guests, as much as we do. I will share your compliments with our staff. They will be so happy!

We look forward to your next visit with us, when you return to the mainland. Thank you so much for your business!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was not my first time staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Oakland and it will most definitely not be my last. I travel a lot for my job and I regularly travel to Oakland for child custody exchanges but this trip was more difficult than normal. Arrived very late at night after hours of flight delays, but the shuttle was right there to get us. Once at the hotel we found we had a booking problem on my end not the hotels fault. The clerk on duty Jorge really went the extra mile to get things fixed and that was exactly what I needed.

Excellent service all around thank you

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EyeGuy1718

Dear Guest,

Repeat guests like yourself, are the highest form of praise. Thank you for your continued support of our hotel. Our staff considers themselves problem solvers, I am glad Jorge was able to assist with a solution to your problems.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had many rude taxi drivers during our stay in Oakland, so the highlight was our trip back to the airport with Clarence, the shuttle driver for the hotel. He was cheerful, helpful and made the trip back very easy! Wonderful service!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so happy that Clarence brightened up your trip. I will let him know that he cheered you up.

Thank you for your enthusiastic review and for staying at our hotel.