“Ask for the 3rd floor”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 5, 2008

We had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in 2005 and I agree that you can hear the people above you and in the rooms next to you. This visit (March 2008) the attendant booked us a room on the 3rd floor (much better) quiet, clean, and comfortable-a good basic hotel for our needs. We used this hotel for the park and fly $149 for the night and they allowed us to park for 7 nights at that price and $10 for each additional night we left our car. The hotel staff is beyond friendly and that has been a consistent theme on each of our visits. Keep up the good work. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2008

The hotel is conveniently located near the airport and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are not exceptionally spacious, but they are clean. The only problem is you can hear the people above you walking as well as people in the next room. So, it makes it hard to get a good night's rest if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank izsmom
Reviewed February 16, 2008

Was very pleased with my recent stay. I was picked up quickly from the airport and was at the hotel in no time. The front desk staff were the best! I was put on the recently renovated 3rd floor and it proved to be quiet and VERY comfortable! Will make this my hotel of choice for this area!

**Warning, be very careful if you use a cab service in this area that the company you called is the one that shows up and that the driver knows where it is that you are going to before you leave the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thetinman1
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I've had bad luck with hotels lately so the Holiday Inn Express in Oakland has been a welcome treat!

The property looks brand new. It is clean, the staff friendly, and the rooms look as though they have never been slept in.

My room has an LCD HD TV mounted to the walls, programable thermostat, new bedding, big fluffy towels in the bathroom.

Terrific breakfast and only :30 seconds from the Oakland airport!

I was only here for about 12 hours so didn't have to go hunt down lunch or dinner -- that might be the only downfall.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike W
Reviewed November 24, 2007

I was surprised to find that this hotel was rated at three stars. I was intrigued and looked forward to staying. I liked the hotel just fine. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room. It is larger than better rated more expensive hotels. The bed is comfortable, nice large flat screen tv in the room, complimentary wireless internet access, refrigerator and microwave in the room. They have a fitness center, business center, airport shuttle, and offer complimentary continental breakfast, neither of which I tried. My main problem with this hotel was the lack of a restaurant, gift shop and room service which other hotels that have similar star ratings do have. My girlfriend and I stayed over Thanksgiving and just about everything, including gas station stores were either closed or did not have much to choose from. Although there are other hotels, bars, supermarkets nearby, it is not really an area to walk around in. Had I foreseen this, I would have spent the night elsewhere. If you have an early flight, the location is great since it is just a few minutes' drive, but if not flying out, perhaps something in downtown Oakland, Berkeley or Emeryville would be a better option. The front desk was a bit understaffed and when I called, the person was talking to someone else while trying to help me, then put me on hold for a long time and I finally had to come down to the desk personally. They offer in-room movies, but I find their system unusual and a little more complicated than most. I would rather just be able to order with the remote like other hotels. Amazingly, I did not hear any airplane noise that would keep me up. The parking lot is enclosed which makes me feel a little more secure.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelSanFrancisco
Reviewed November 16, 2007

The hotel is right beside the airport so it is a great place to stay before you fly. The hotel can pick you up at the rental car facilities or at the airport. The facilties were clean and the staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2007

This hotel makes business travel easy. Close to the airport, free ample parking, easy access to significant freeways to quick access to many of my customers. Short distance to the Bart station. The hotel is consistantly clean, and good repair. I have stayed here on nearly a dozen trips to Oakland

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business