“Great service, friendly staff, and perfectly located.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 5, 2011

The location of this hotel is perfect. The staff were very accommodating and I felt right at home from the point I entered the hotel. Would definitely recommend this to others!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Gsehgal85

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have never had a greater hotel experience. I always fly out of the Oakland airport and always stay in this hotel. They were kind enough to let me leave my car there for an extended time and the general manager actually gave me a ride to the airport at 5:30 am when I was running late! Upon return to Oakland I realized I had left my iphone charger in Mexico! My love for this hotel only grew when the woman at the front desk supplied me with a new charger at no cost!!

Dr. Toal

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Rtoal22
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This is a typical Holiday Inn Express. My room had a very strong perfume smell to it, which gave me a severe head-ache by the next morning.

Internet, breakfast and common room was typical of Holiday Inn Express, and meet my needs.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank winnydpu
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Myself, my 14 year old and1 year old stayed. The booking, checking in was easy. The room was clean and well stocked with towels, a kitchenette, and plenty of room. The staff brought up the crib for my son right away. The crib was clean and so were the sheet and blanket they provided. The front desk/shuttle was very helpful with picking me up after I returned my rental car and getting us to the airport the next day. The breakfast was good, something for everyone and fresh. Will stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jha76
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We came to Oakland Labor Day Weekend 2011 to see our Mariners team play the A’s. Browsing websites I found some very good information and comments about this Holiday Inn on 66 Airport Access Rd. There are 2 Holiday Inn’s in this area. The hotel had great customer service when we checked in. Our room had a view of a brick wall, but that was okay…we did not get the room for a view! We had a rental car so we threw our stuff in the room and headed for Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco, via the freeway and Oakland Bay Bridge. Our 20 minute drive turned into a 2 ½ hr grind. Use BART or get a rental with Fast track so you can skip the lines at the toll booths here!!! Ugggg, what a waste of our precious few hours we had here. We made it to the Pier 39 parking which was also a bit of a back up with people trying to find a spot. We chose that parking because if you go to the visitor center (found this on pamphlet from hotel lobby) they validate for 2 hours parking and when you turn in the pamphlet coupon they give you a book of great deals. We took advantage of free appetizers at “Bubba Gump’s Shrimp”, and there are many fascinating things to see here. Seals are a main attraction, there is a glass Maze upstairs that was lots of laughs to go through, and watching the crepe maker through the big glass window at their restaurant was tantalizing and entertaining! Okay…back to the hotel. Nice room with the king in a separate bedroom from the living area. The Jacuzzi in the bedroom would have been fun if we’d have had the time. We did not really notice any airplane noise even though this hotel is very close to the airport. There was a sink/fridge area that was nice to make use of and the living room had a TV as well as the bedroom. We found that this hotel had a complimentary shuttle that would take you anywhere within a 3 mile radius. The BART is only a mile or so from it, as well as some restaurants and I think we passed a Wal-mart too. We started our next morning with the hotels hot breakfast buffet which was included for all of us (not just 2). They had hot eggs (omelet style), bacon (one morning sausage), and biscuits w/gravy. A fun pancake maker that puts out 2 nice size pancakes…so keep your plate ready…because I didn’t know that it did more than one. A lady caught the 2nd on her plate just in time. Kids probably love using that! There is yogurts, bagels, toast, cereals, oatmeal, milk, juice & hot drinks. Yes, it was kept very nice by the staff person, and had lots to choose from. Then we had the shuttle drop us at the BART station where there is a walkway from the BART platform to the coliseum. After a great time at the game (we lost) we called the hotel when the game was over and walked back to the drop spot at the BART station. Within a few minutes we were picked up; along with a gentleman and a couple from Canada, who were visiting several west coast stadiums seeing ballgames. What a slick way to get to and from the game…and not have to pay $17 for parking! The drivers were excellent. Very enjoyable stay, with more time we might have been able to use the lobby whirlpool too!

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view, better ask for it. We heard no airplane noise, maybe because we had...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank L M
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great service, very clean room and really comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. Great value for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel was very clean and secure. You can take the shuttle from the airport although I had a car. Staff was helpful in locating nearby restaurants and shuttle was available for these trips if needed. Room was clean and had good amenities. Wireless was okay but one day I couldn't get it to work. My biggest complaint was the air conditioning. Maybe since they don't need AC much in Oakland they don't have good ones but it was very noisy and inefficient. I tried opening the window but the noise from the road and airport was just as loud (if not more so) than the AC.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows opposite main road (Doolittle) might be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple