“Clean and Close to Airport”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Clean and Close to Airport”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel was very clean and secure. You can take the shuttle from the airport although I had a car. Staff was helpful in locating nearby restaurants and shuttle was available for these trips if needed. Room was clean and had good amenities. Wireless was okay but one day I couldn't get it to work. My biggest complaint was the air conditioning. Maybe since they don't need AC much in Oakland they don't have good ones but it was very noisy and inefficient. I tried opening the window but the noise from the road and airport was just as loud (if not more so) than the AC.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows opposite main road (Doolittle) might be quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 6, 2011

A few weeks back I was visiting some friends from school in Oakland. I had my opinions about the city, mostly what I hear on the news about it not being safe. I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport, and the well trained staff showed me there is more that Oakland has to offer than you hear about in the news. I was treated to some great golf outings across the street at Metropolitan Golf Links. I spent time hiking and kayaking in and around the bay. And the food that the staff pointed me to was outstanding, especially the taco truck down the street. I felt safe the whole time, and any questions I had, or if I needed anything, the staff at the Holiday Inn Express was always ready and willing to help. Thanks a lot and I hope to get back to the Holiday Inn Express at the Airport soon.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patrick M
Westhampton Beach, New York
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed one night because we had early flight out of Oakland. We were very impressed. We thought Holiday Inn would be sort of dumpy but it wasn't at all. Very close to airport very good service, very nice facility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Santa Rosa Ca
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had an early flight to Seattle and thought we'd try a Stay and Fly package at the Holiday Inn Express in Oakland to avoid getting up at 4am to catch a bus out of Santa Rosa, Ca. The room was very clean, quiet enough to sleep well (and I am a light sleeper) and the free breakfast buffet was just fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel under the worst possible circumstances: I missed my connection at SFO because of a delayed plane and had to find a hotel at midnight the night before the San Francisco Marathon. All of United's regular airport hotels were unavailable, and I was on my own calling around. Finally I found this one. The room was very nice, with the usual Holiday Inn Express amenities (free wi-fi, etc.), and the staff could not have been more helpful. The next day, the complementary van driver took me to the BART station rather than the Oakland airport, because I needed to get back to SFO.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Pretty typical setup, but not especially clean or up to the standards of other HIEs. The carpet throughout is a little worn, older, and a little soiled. This place could use a facelift.

This is a little seedy of a neighborhood, so the place is wrapped up in a tall wrought iron fence and peppered with security cameras. There are quite a few locals, pedestrian types wandering the street at night.

The room itself was fair/average, nothing to write home about. Bed was not particularly comfortable, and the bedding was cheap and thin - not the usual HIE plush bedding.

One of the exterior door magnetic swipes was not working, and I had to walk around to another door at one point. The WiFi signal was very weak in my room, and I didn't have an Ethernet cord with me.

Overall decent, but a little disaapointing for $160. I would recommend staying here only if you MUST stay right by the airport. Otherwise, motor down the road 10 miles.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed July 26, 2011

I've been flying all around the country on business for years, so I consider my opinion on hotels to be a really good one to look to. I've been to some really downright terrible hotels and others that appeared to be good at first, but failed completely insofar as delivering proper service. This Holiday Inn Express is one of the best hotels I have stayed at during my travels. The service is very professional and top notch and the physical locations of the hotel itself is superb. Whenever I'm headed for a stay, I feel relieved knowing that no matter how stressful my work is, the Holiday Inn Express will not give me any extra troubles. Easy to find, easy to exit. Great establishment. World class management.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business