“great bed linens”

Ranked #29 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Corvallis, Oregon
“great bed linens”
Reviewed June 2, 2007

We needed a hotel close to the airport, on short notice.
Expecting nothing special, we were pleasantly surprised to find a clean, quiet, non-smoking room with microwave & mini fridge. An added treat was finding down alternative comforters, four fluffy pillows per bed, and cotton sheets.
Oakland, being what it is, we were heartened to see security personel in the parking lot.
Shuttle to the airport ran every 30 minutes, starting at 4 AM.

We'd stay there again.

• Liked — proximity to airport
  • Disliked — well, it IS in Oakland.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank RosemarieR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Red Bluff, CA
Reviewed April 9, 2007

We booked a room for 3 nights to attend a business conference in Oakland. The rooms were average; clean, but small and all rooms are exterior facing and accessible from the outside. The first morning there, I went to have a short breakfast and when I returned my room had been burglarized and all of my belongings were stolen; luggage, cash, credit cards, cell phone, PDA..everything. The staff offered absolutely NO assistance and actually argued with me that I had to have left my door unlocked; which is not only impossible with the type of door, but irrelevant. They didn't even offer to call Oaland PD. Needless to say, I left there immediately after filing a police report. The only compensation that they offered was to waive the charge for the one night and they sent me a coupon for two free nights at the same hotel! That was ridiculous! I will NEVER go back there and neither will my business associates.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of security and professionalism
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank meadowmaven

Travelers are raving about these Oakland hotels

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed March 13, 2007

This hotel was average. I had a single queen room which was quite small. The bed and furniture looked old, and they only have exterior rooms. The location near the Oakland airport was a major plus and reason for my stay. Complimentary breakfast was nice and courtesy airport shuttle was a plus.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room Size
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daulton15
pebble beach, ca
Reviewed July 26, 2006

we checked into room 219 (in the back of the motel) only to find
numerous prostitutes and apparent pimps in the parking lot and some of the first floor rooms. I felt it was a very very unsafe environment and we moved to another motel after only one half hour in the room.

what a disappointment! do yourself a favor and don't select this motel.

• Disliked — the prostitutes and the pimps in the parking lot and nearby rooms
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 1946000
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2006

My car sustained $900 body damage caused by motel personnel. They agreed to refund money for the room only. I live some distance and don't want to sue. They definitely did not do the right thing and took advantage of the situation. The manager was dishonest with me.

Stayed September 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed December 25, 2005

I stayed here for a concert at the Oakland Arena. The location is very convenient, just off Hegenberger Rd. off 880. In terms of the arena, it's not even three minutes in the car from hotel to arena parking lot. I could have walked it if I wanted, but I didn't because it was raining.

The room was clean and consistent with its hotel class. There was no parking charge (fantastic considering this an "airport" hotel), and it's easy to park your car within viewshot of your hotel room. Front desk was helpful when I locked myself out of my room. There are two computers with internet access in the lobby. Breakfast was great. Waffles, eggs, cereal, toast, muffins, juices, etc. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here for my next concert.

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank sactosally
san francisco
Reviewed October 19, 2005

We recently spent the night here before taking an early-morning flight. We stayed here because they offer a "Park and Fly" special, where you can leave your car there for up to 2 weeks, I believe, and take a shuttle to and from the hotel. This is a great deal for locals, since parking costs about $14-15/day in off-site lots.

If you've got a lot of luggage, I suggest asking for a room close to the lobby, since the shuttle bus departs from there. The room wasn't that large, but for a simple overnight, who cares? One nice perk that we wish we had known about in advance was the mini-fridge. It would have been nice to be able to store a bottle of wine or some beer and have it that night.

The breakfast was GREAT: made-to-order waffles, as well as scrambled eggs, several different kinds of cereal, various breads for toast, several kinds of juice, bagels, fresh fruit, etc. As good as the breakfast in an expensive B&B we stayed in recently!

The shuttle to airport was very easy and convenient. Don't know if it's always the case, but the shuttle that picked us was very fancy, like the kind used for weddings, complete with lights, mirrors, leather seats, sink, etc. -- quite a treat! The shuttle arrived promptly and stayed on schedule. Same with pick-up when we returned.

I would definitely stay here again next time I have an early morning flight out of Oakland and don't want to pay for a week or more of parking.

12 Thank sfresident