“Lucious Avocado” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Mount Shasta, California
“Lucious Avocado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

This Hotel already has rave reviews and no doubt each person who has reviewed is right on. The location is near the Oakland Coliseum and surrounded by blooming azaleas as well as vines and shrubs. Great energy here because of the employees who keep the place up. The ladies were playing with my dog yesterday when she walked away from me. Everyone behind the scenes has a great smile on their face. The lady who ran the breakfast was obviously loving what she was doing...Please remember to tip those people!!! I use to work in a hotel and realize how hard they work or play, but most people won't tip.

I decided to extend my stay here for a few more days so I can paint and enjoy this lovely part of California. My room is sweet and the bed is very comfortable. Plenty of coffee and the towels are sculptured! Everything was clean when I walked in!

Honestly, this hotel's price was no more than the Motel 6 up the street! It was a step up the ladder and makes me feel as if I am "home"....very embracing like it was when my mother was around.,..that kind of feeling.

Thank you Quality Inn!

Room Tip: There is a refrigerator but no microwave in my room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank amanda c
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to write your experience. Because of your hospitality back ground reading thru your review gave me goose bumps all over. We are grateful that you made the choice to stay with us! We will continue to make every guest settled-in and make this place a home away from home. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Close to the airport with shuttle service. Rooms clean with nice amenities and good shower. Decor is on the plain side, but for a reasonable price you can adjust to a regular TV and unit air conditioning. A hot breakfast is served and room menus are available for delivery service for lunch/dinner for meals ranging from pizza to good selections of light fare and full entrees. It is located close to the city so sights and restaurants are only a short cab ride away. A good selection for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank ejackman
Thank you very much for your staying with us. All of us at Quality Inn look forward to your next visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed elsewhere during a recent weekend visit to Napa Valley and San Francisco, but stayed here my last night to fly out of Oakland International Airport the next morning. The room was very clean, nicely stocked with coffee/tea, and contained an ample amount of super clean towels. I slept comfortably and took the complimentary shuttle to the airport (first run starts at 4 a.m.). Given the low rate through Hotles.com, I was worried that the place might be a dump. I was pleasantly surprised and you will be, too.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank FCCLV
young101, Manager at Quality Inn Oakland, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Our staff is truly humbled by your experience. We greatly appreciate guest feedback. Majority of our staff has been taking care of our guests for a long time, some of them over a decade! They honor the trust and expectations of each and every guest. We look forward to your next visit! Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I really liked the hotel itself, the staff was fun and helpful and the rooms were really nice. I was happy that there were places to eat within walking distance. We were able to use the wifi without having any problems and the room even had basic cable channels. we stayed on the second floor and had no problems with noise at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nicole s
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

Stayed for Chicago vs Raider game and truly enjoyed my stay. Staff was extremely helpful and location was convenient to the stadium, Me and the wife wasted no breath walking there. This was one of the best places I've stayed for the price that I paid.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Sleepinbeauty
Farmington, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Family of four with a dog stayed here for two nights in Nov 2011. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Sheets, towels etc were all fresh and clean. The hotel has a policy of not checking in until 3 PM, and they stick by it. We arrived early and found a sign on the front door informing us of that fact with no exceptions. The staff was friendly and helpful, if not a little stern, you could tell that people whine/ask about this to them all the time. After my wife asked them ANYWAY,the clerk behind the desk did offer to write down my cell # "in case a room opened up", but I knew this was to placate us and they would not call, but it was OK, I would not expect them to bend the rules just for us anyway and was glad to see that they wouldnt. It meant to me that they would abide by the other rules as well. We just went exploring the area with all our luggage in the car. The area is not the most pedestrian friendly, but we had no issues. There are restaurants in the area and gas stations close by, as well as a WalMart and easy access to the freeway, Coliseum, etc.

There was also a sign on the door to the lobby saying that they will not tolerate any guest being disruptive on the premisis or you will be checked out and escorted off the property by the police. Oh, and RAIDER fans arent allowed to BBQ in the parking lot either... so I guess the management has heard the complaints of past and have tried to take action.

They have a good continental bfast in the morning with coffee, juice, muffins, bagels, two kinds of cold cereal, toast, waffels, sausage, and some small pastries with the filling in the middle.

We had no issues with any guests being loud, the ice machine worked great, the staff was friendly, the room and beds were clean and comfortable, everything worked good. We placed the "Do not disturb sign" on the door and put our dog in the bathroom with food/water and his blankets while we went to the game, so we did not get a cleaning service of the room. And we did not get a chance to try the pool or hot tub, but it looked well maintained and clean. The parking lot can be become croweded at night, so get your spot early.

The room had a microwave, mini fridge, ironing board, iron, TV, ice bucket, cups, laundry bags, desk and 2 chairs, hair dryer.

The Bottom line: I would stay here again, and would recommend this hotel to friends and family. I had a GREAT experience with this hotel and staff during my stay.
Price? We paid $89 a night, via expedia.

Room Tip: Our room was on the bottom floor facing south by the pool. No road noise, close to the lobby for bfa...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank erixun
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Loved the people at the front desk they were very helpful.I would recommend this Quality Inn to all my friends.

Thanks

Room Tip: Ask for the manager she was very helpful!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Comfort Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
Rodeway Inn & Suites Near the Coliseum & Arena
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
Rodeway Inn Oakland/Alameda
Quality Inn Hayward Hotel
Clarion Hotel-Downtown Oakland

Been to Quality Inn Oakland? Share your experiences!