All reviews the concierge lounge bart station m club san francisco self park jack london square high floor corner room valet parking per day hotel restaurant bay view outdoor pool farmers market easy access fitness center convenient location
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights for work and had a fabulous stay. Hotel location is perfect with lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance. The room was nice and clean with a comfortable bed. Checking in was a breeze thanks to Belia Hogue who was very helpful upfront. The M club is one of the biggest and nicest I’ve seen. Overall great place to stay and will definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Dear rpg209,

Thank you for choosing Oakland Marriott City Center for your business. We are glad you loved our well-kept rooms with comfortable beds and that our proximity to a lot of restaurants worked well for you. It is especially great to know you had a fabulous time at M lounge and that you were impressed with one of our front desk associates, Belia. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2019

I was there 3 nights for a conference. Hotel staff very friendly, upscale fitness room, and plenty of useful space for conference. Room service options available for gluten free and vegetarians appreciated as well.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear mnmom2016,

We are delighted your conference brought you to Oakland Marriott City Center. It is a pleasure to read how much impressed you were with the service you received from our team and our delicious food options. Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

I came the the Oakland Marriott for a conference. My small, angular hotel room was superbly laid out to take full advantage of a glorious view. The shower was perfect: probably remodeled from an earlier tub/shower combo. Clinched it for me: I’m going to have to make this luxurious change with a remodel at home!

Trip type: Traveled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear widdoc,

Thank you for staying at the Oakland Marriott City Center for your recent business visit. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate the kind remarks about our accommodations! Our urban cool guest rooms boast perks like cutting-edge technology, spa-quality rain showers, cotton-rich linens with oversized comforters and plush pillows. We know you have many options when visiting Oakland and we appreciate you choosing us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oakland Marriott City Center!

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

When we checked in, they didn't have our second room reservation. I showed them my confirmation, but they did not do anything to help me. I had to get online and book another room. The rooms that we had did not smell clean.Breakfast at the restaurant was very good and so was service. That was the only positive note in this trip. we valid our cars the night we checked in. I was taking care of my mom's room and her valet was to be charged to my room. The belman was getting our suitcases out of the car and the valet was taking our keys. I asked him if there's anything else they needed from us, and to make sure my mom's car was charged to my room. Thought we had everything straightened out, they said we were good to go and we didn't need to do anything else. In the morning when we came down, my car was there, but my mom's was not.I had to leave my mom about 30 minutes later because we had to catch our flight, and she said it would be okay. I did not like to leave my mom there without a vehicle. She was the one that ended up finding her car. After about an hour she went and walked around the parking garage, four levels, and found the car. Then, we found out that it had been returned to Hertz. There is a Hertz rental car right by the valet at the hotel. I'm not sure why someone thought the car that was being returned at a different location should have been returned there, and not been a red flag, and the fact that they didn't know whose car was, was also not a red flag. I don't know why the valet did not think to give us tickets for both our cars after I said is this all we need are we good to go. I don't know why they couldn't help her out more. She ended up missing her flight. The Hertz rental car place locked the door so she couldn't come in, and the valet guys had to go tell them to open the doors. we've been getting the runaround from the hotel, the valet service, and Hertz rent-a-car. We are still trying to sort this out, and I think it's absolutely appalling.

Trip type: Traveled with family
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms Operations at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Dear Katie A,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further.

Reviewed March 24, 2019 via mobile

My welcome was great. But my room was by the elevator and it was so noisy. I had unpacked everything so I didn’t want to switch rooms. I even had to pay an extra $50 to have a late checkout. And I even barely made it back from my run to freshen up and check out. And parking was $35 per night.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms Operations at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2019

Dear Hardrocker8888,
Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to share your feedback. We are truly sorry for not meeting your expectations. Everything we do is aimed at giving each guest a superb, memorable stay, so we are disappointed to read your comments. Please accept our apologies for the problems you experienced. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will give us another chance in the future.