Oakland Marriott City Center
$169
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
$124
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Breakfast included
$222
$210
$137
  • Pool
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland(Oakland)
$79
All reviewsthe concierge loungebart stationsan franciscoself parkjack london squarecorner roomhigh floorroom serviceper daydirectly across the streetbay viewoutdoor poolbusiness tripconvenient locationupon checkeasy accessking bed
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here Jan 24th-26th. I stayed on the 9th floor. The entire floor smelled like Weed but my room did not smell like weed. We could not find the safe in our room, if there was one. The beds were okay and the tv was okay. There wasn't anything wrong with the hotel but there wasn't anything great about it. I visited the bar on one of the nights and the drinks were good just very expensive (as per all of CAL). My only complaint is it has been 4 business days since checking out of the hotel and the hotel has still not released the $50 hold from my bank account.

Room Tip: - You have to pay for parking so plan ahead - The blow dryer is hidden on the bottom shelf in the bathroom - The mini fridge is inside the drawer looking cabinet where the tv is.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fran T
Sue H, Guest Relations Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are a non-smoking hotel; ensuring this is maintained is paramount to us, and I am disappointed to hear about the odor on your guest room floor. Regarding the safes, we do provide safety deposit boxes at the front desk for our hotel guests. Next time you're in the area I hope we can have the opportunity to exceed your expectations and make your next stay positively memorable. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I can do.

Regards,
Suzanne Hansen
(510) 451-4000

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here for a trade show, 3 nights. The room rate was reasonable, rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable.
Parking was fair with the convention discount, but getting up the ramp in a full size pickup was dicey. 700 ml bottles of water are available in the room for 4.25 each. Walk across the street to smart and final and buy a case of water for under 4 bucks instead.
I ate in the restaurant the night before the trade show started. The service was the worst I've encountered in many many years. When I arrived there was 1 server, 9 tables active and 3 with dirty dishes on them I waited 15 minutes to place my order and another 30 to get served. By the time my food arrived there were 6 active tables, and 6 with dirty dishes on them, and 3 servers working the table. Apparently there was no bus staff working and the wait people don't bus tables at all. I ordered the special of the evening, which included salad, steak, vegetables and dessert. the main course arrived and I asked where the salad was. The server told me I hadn't ordered salad. I showed her the menus and the salad came after the main course was done. I was asked if I wanted to order dessert, and just asked for the check.
Do yourself a favor and go outside the hotel to eat, there's a brew pub across the street that's much better for half the money.

Room Tip: rooms ending with 17 are next to the ice machine, there will ber some noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank lkm55
Sue H, Guest Relations Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Good evening,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Oakland Marriott City Center. Although I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room, I am deeply concerned to learn that we fell short of expectations regarding the service you received during your stay. Our collective goal is always to provide our guests with service excellence from beginning to end. We were not able to do this for you, and again, it is most disappointing. I assure you that your concerns have been brought to the attention of our Food and Beverage team. Should you consider returning to the Oakland Marriott City Center, please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your reservation.

Regards,
Suzanne Hansen
(510) 451-4000

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Booked the room in the last minute with the help of Marriott reservation agent so price is at the higher end. Check in was easy and without any hassels. Got the room with the view towards san fran bay area. Hotel and Convetion centre is located at the same place so most of the time the hotel is Busy. They have Valet Parking and Self parking (Shared with convention centre parking with in out previleges).

Hotel is next to BART station so easy access to San Fran bay area if you prefer to go by public transport. Restaurant is good with many options. While we are there they have changed the Flat screen TV to HDTV. The TV has an option where we can setup the volume heard in Bathroom as well which I really liked. Overall little hight price option for better quality.

Disclaimer: The opinions stated here are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel is what you'd expect from Marriott. Good service, great rooms. Interesting location with easy access to SF downtown by BART and some very nice food options in the area. Not much else to say. It's fine if you have to stay in Oakland.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed in hotel for New Year's Eve, easy access by Bart to San Francisco. Easy access to Berkeley. Enjoyed the restaurant brunch. The thing that stood out was the excellent service. Ever staff member we ran across was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Sue H, Guest Relations Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you bringing in 2014 with us, and for your great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your all around great experience from the location and restaurant experience to the excellent service you received. Making sure our guests are satisfied is extremely important to us, and I am so happy to hear each and every associate provided genuine care service! I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Sue Hansen