Oakland Marriott City Center
$191
$169
$159
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$177
$160
$227
$159
$169
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Breakfast included
$210
Homewood
$153
$186
$152
BestWestern.com
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland(Oakland)
$75
All reviewsthe concierge loungebart stationsan franciscoself parkjack london squarecorner roomhigh floorroom serviceper daydirectly across the streetbay viewoutdoor poolbusiness tripconvenient locationupon checkeasy accessking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed the stay. A few minor complaints - the concierge lounge was not as nice as other Marriott's I have stayed at. The bar staff was nice and very friendly as was the valet staff. It is close to lots of good restaurants and there is a store next door. Ate a Battambang, a Cambodian restaurant up the street. It was fabulous. The room was decent and housekeeping was good. No real complaints.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Lisa K, General Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay. Providing an excellent experience for our guests is a top priority, and I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed the friendly service you received from our TwelveBar and valet team. I will be sure to share your compliments and suggestions with the rest of the Oakland Marriott team. See you next time!

Regards,
Lisa Kershner

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This Marriott is a nice hotel. The staff (reception, security, restaurant) was exceptionally friendly and professional, no matter what silly question we had. We had a great view of the Bay.

The bed was very comfy. TV service was experiencing pixilation. Our bathroom was the smallest we have ever had to deal with in any motel or hotel, but the shower water pressure was among the best we've had.

My beef is with the added charges (internet) and the ridiculously expensive meals in the Level 2 restaurant. No standard breakfast is worth $19. The reputation that a hotel develops with these idiotic practices travels far and wide. Maybe with more reasonable restaurant prices, the place would become a destination for locals to have a nice meal? Our waiter graciously accommodated our request to split a breakfast--bless his heart.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of San Francisco.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Evelyn L
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean room, attentive service, location is great close to Jack london square ( free shuttle stop right in front of hotel). Bart station across the street is convient. Felt safe in city no different from any other big city

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed on business and it was ok. Clean rooms, good sleep quality. Given that most people advice not to move around Oakland at night, the restaurant and room service should have more options. Next time I'll stay on the other side of the bay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel is clean and in very good location, but service is way below Marriott standards. I stood in elite line for about 10 minutes watching people in regular line checking in. Eventually I asked if elite line is not working at this Marriott and I heard "I think she stepped out for a moment, I can check you in here". Then I tried to obtain help with language, the lady at the check-in desk supposed to call for someone. We waited for about 10 minutes, finally a gentleman dressed in red appeared with the cart. Very happy I said "just the man I need!". Then I got ignored and by-passed. Eventually we brought our bags ourselves in two rounds. I just didn't want to be ignored anymore. At check-out we didn't even bother to call for any help with luggage. I have to admit though, unlike at the check-in, staff at the lounge was excellent and caring.

Room Tip: Try get room on upper floors west side, great view on SF and bridges.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family