Oakland Marriott City Center
$191
$169
$159
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$177
$160
$159
$169
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Breakfast included
$210
Homewood
$153
$179
$152
BestWestern.com
Bay Breeze Inn Oakland(Oakland)
$75
All reviewsthe concierge loungebart stationsan franciscoself parkjack london squarecorner roomhigh floorroom serviceper daydirectly across the streetbay viewoutdoor poolbusiness tripconvenient locationupon checkeasy accessking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We just stayed five nights and wouldn't hesitate to return. The staff was consistently warm and helpful (which is saying a lot over 6 days), the hotel is immaculate and modern, and location is convenient to both BART and Chinatown (cheap food). The room and bathroom are spacious, and the room lighting is bright and thoughtfully designed (a tiny spotlight for reading when the other person is sleeping). The bedding is so luxurious that I had trouble getting up, and I am not a bed-lingerer. We felt we paid moderate rates for a luxury hotel. The area is checkered, but the hotel discreetly ensures security around-the-clock. We got early check-in and late check-out with no hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had read some reviews and was concerned about selecting this hotel. But I am a Marriott customer and felt that if they had this location for a hotel it must be nice.
I was completely satisfied with this hotel.
The hall was dark and I remembered the reviews about it. I called the customer service and it was fixed. I was satisfied.
The room was a bay view and it was very nice. The bed was very comfortable.
The staff was very nice and accommodating
I have to say that if you have any doubt, please don't, you will like this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We loved this oasis in the heart of Downtown Oakland, California.

My daughter graduated from UC Berkeley in May, 2012--- we needed a decent hotel for her graduation weekend and we booked this property through "Hotwire".

Even though its not the closest location for Berkeley per se, we found the Oakland Chinatown (only 2 blocks away) was the best reason to stay at this property.

Dim Sum can be found everywhere, at 10 different places at least! The competition makes the prices really cheap. 50 cents for most shiu mi and pork buns max out at 75 cents. How about a large order of BBQ pork Chow Fun for $1.75?

If you love asian cuisine, you will be in heaven while staying in a very comfortable room at the Oakland Marriot. Don't stay too long, as your waistline will grow several inches, LOL.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This typically large Marriott, adjacent to the convention center, provided me with a decent room, very helpful staff, with the12th Street BART station right on the corner offering easy access to San Francisco. There is a free shuttle around Oakland until 7 PM, later on weekends, which stops right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel was rather nice. I was not sure what to make of the reviews as some people called the area kind of shady. I found it to be a decent area but the driveway was very difficult to enter as it was only one way and you could not circle the block. The room was clean and as other travelers mentioned the bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very nice and helpful. I ordered room service and it was ok. I ordered at the last minute so I think that was why it was not very good. Overall, this hotel was nice and close to where I needed to go. It was convenient to get to San Francisco shopping and the airport. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo