“I would go back...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“I would go back...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

...if I lived in Oakland. In town for business and needed lunch but did not want any fast food so read reviews for a local eatery. The reviews of Geta do not exaggerate; the food is really really good. Only had time for a couple of rolls which were generous in size and full of fresh fish and ingredients. By far two of the best rolls I've ever eaten. Highly recommend Geta!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Hootyj

usa
“Fresh Sushi and Great Price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

A very small place that my college age daughter discovered. Waiting in line is the norm. Sign in on the clip board on window outside and wait right there for your table. The sushi comes fast and furious. At these prices order more than usual! Fill up your tummy! We noticed the asparagus sushi after we ordered - it came pronto as did our order. Plenty of tea, smiling friendly waitstaff. Everyone is Sushi Happy at Geta Sushi!

• Visited March 2012
Oakland, California
“Great sushi and better prices! Oh, this place is a Gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We love sushi and living in the Bay Area, there are lots of choice. We have recently started to go to Geta and my husband and I think it is the best sushi that we have had. Creative rolls at really good prices. This one is a winner!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank BlueJ68
berkeley california
“always worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

ever crowded and ever a wait, but always an oasis in the midst of take out chaos...best sushi made to order and lots of interesting sides to build a great meal. the prices are more than reasonable. staff is great and gracious in a small place packed with take out flying out the door.

• Visited July 2011
Pokhara, Nepal
“I dream about this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

LOVE this place. Rediculously cheap, especially for the quality. Being a foodie and having been to Japan, I am super picky about my Japanese and this is one of the only two places in the Bay Area that I'll eat sushi. Call ahead to place your order or get there early. Plan on waiting 30+ minutes if you arrive after 6 pm.

I highly recommend: Katsu Don (pork and rice), tempura sushi roll, avocado roll

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank mathTeach4ages

Been to Geta Sushi and Bento? Share your experiences!