“Plus and minus”

Ranked #12 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Sterling, Virginia
“Plus and minus”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed at this Hilton this week and it has some things in it's favor and others not so much. The room was comfortable, but the walls are way too thin. I heard every word of my neighbor's conversation (although they were not speaking quietly), and the room is only partially updated in decor (newer carpet, window coverings and some furniture). The bathroom needs a complete makeover. The counters are low and the fixtures are outdated and hard to manipulate. This is a very large hotel complex with many buildings. The restaurants are in a separate building which can be challenging to get to in inclement weather. It is close to the airport and a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CookiePerArrival, Director of Sales at Hilton Oakland Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Claudia B,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours.

We are pleased to see you found our hotel comfortable and conveniently located to the airport. These are some of our greatest qualities and we are happy to see you enjoyed them.

We apologize that you could hear your neighbors conversation. If that ever happens again, please call down to the front desk and our staff will take care of this immediately.

Again, thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Director of Business Development

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had a very comfortable bed, slept well soundly. There was no airport noise at all and room was so quiet and large enough room to do some stretching in the morning. The service was friendly from the check- in to room service and all around. Staff was accommodating in every way possible.

United States
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The staff failed at every turn, from locating my reservation, to recognizing my rewards level and not being able to answer simple questions about parking. The bathroom shower/tub was poorly fitted and had a large bubble of water forming under the lining. No Hilton I have stayed at before has ever had so many problems.

2 Thank Mark D
northern California
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Booked this hotel for a Park and fly; it wasn't the cheapest but I liked two things: 7 nights parking and on-demand shuttle. Unfortunately, both of these were not quite what I expected. The 7 nights include the night you spend at the hotel so really you get 6 nights parking than a daily charge. The on-demand shuttle runs on demand but only on the hour and half hour... that means you still spend time standing outside (in the cold) waiting for the darn shuttle at the end of your flight. That being said-the hotel itself seems reasonably nice. It is HUGE with a gated enterance right outside the Oakland airport. Check in was a bit rocky-my credit card wouldn't "slide" even though it worked fine at dinner a few hours earlier. The clerk claimed to be "unable" to punch in numbers manually" and required another card (fortunately I always travel with 2 credit cards, but what if I didn't?). The room was nice, the beds and linens comfy. The bathroom is tiny but good water pressure and lighting. Unfortunately the AC did not seem to be functioning; mind you it was February and raining but the room was about 74 degrees when we walked in. I set the thermostat at 68 since we were going to bed shortly. When I next checked it was 75...never did cool off in there contributing to a very poor night's sleep. And the thermostat itself gave off enough light I felt like I could have read by it (ended up hanging a cloth over it to dim the light). The other factor resulting in poor sleep was what must have been the Moscow Ballet Prima Ballarina above me-I think she was breaking in her pointe shoes because it was so loud (my daughter says it was an elephant but I thought they only allowed small pets...)
Never tried the restaurant or other amenities. Will book elsewhere next time I fly out of Oakland.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Novato, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stay here whenever I travel to Hawaii. Excellent Value, safe place to leave my car when I'm gone. The hotel is beautiful and the service is exceptional. The staff upgraded me to include the continental breakfast! The food was far and above what other hotels offer. I will always stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Orcutt, California
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was just at the Hilton Oakland Airport for a training, needing to spend the night before. The hotel room was very roomy, very quiet, and I got a great night's sleep. The conference room for the training was just the right size for our group, and the lunch was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CookiePerArrival, Director of Sales at Hilton Oakland Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Laurie P.,

Thank you so much for taking time to review our hotel.

We are so pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is great for groups that are doing a training, conference, wedding... the list goes on and on. We are happy your conference went smoothly and you enjoyed the lunch that went along with it.

Again, thank you for the review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Yokohama, Japan
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I sometimes stay this hotel because of sensibly priced with hilton standard quality. This time I had some trouble. Wooden floor might be a bit old. Guest upstair was walking in his/her room all the time like a bear and wooden floor noise was so annoying. House keeping woke me up even I hung "Don't disturb!" plate on door nob. They maybe don't understand English and don't know what it was. Otherwise, reasonably prices hilton hotel in bayarea.

Dear VeryFrequentTravelle,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We understand these take time and appreciate yours.

We are sorry to hear you had a bad experience while staying with us. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping to ensure all Housekeeping staff understand the "Do Not Disturb" sign.

Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again soon to turn your bad experience into a memorable one.

Director of Business Development
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakland
Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Courtyard Oakland Airport
Courtyard Oakland Airport
#11 of 49 in Oakland
Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Oakland Airport-Alameda

Been to Hilton Oakland Airport? Share your experiences!