“It's an Average place not the best but very much Average.”

Hilton Oakland Airport
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

When you hear the name Hilton, you expect rich and quality. But this Hilton is lacking that.
The room is your regular kingsize bed. Picture will be posted.
The bathroom is very small no more 1.5 person at a time. And there's no Fan/Vent in side of them so everytime you use the restaurant , the sound waves travel.. So we just leave the sink water
Some widows don't have childlock on the windows.
No fans/vents in the bathroom.
No refrigerators in the room
Room service Is slow
Need to pay for Parking

Patricia at front desk is very sweet and lovely and really helps w anything she can.
My personal and favorite part of the stay is breakfast they have.

. It's amazing.
Bacon
Assorted Breads, Yogurts,

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

just an average hotel. Room service is good and the food is pretty good. The hotels are all split up in different buildings and the beds are just decent. The staff is nice and there is abundant parking (must pay for it). Convenient though very close to the airport and bunch of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had no choice but to stay at a hotel near the Oakland, CA airport due to work/travel circumstances. I've always thought of Hilton's as being above average--not this one.

The first room they put me in smelled really bad and the AC was not working. I walked in and thought, "it's going to take 3 martinis to get through this night."

Fortunately, they moved me in a room with functioning AC. (From building 2 to building 1, don't worry, they are numbered in case you get lost.)

Starving, I headed for the restaurant lounge at around 9:30PM. It, too, smelled odd. Like old rancid movie-popcorn oil. You get used to it.

The menu, a two-sided 8.5 x 11 laminated sheet, had items like "half-chicken with brown demi-glaze." What is a brown demi-glaze? I played it safe and ordered the chicken finger basket--once delivered (under the glow of blue neon) looked like two gray fried smoker's lungs. I did not try the ranch dressing.

I have to say, the Hendricks martinis were fairly decent.

The decor of the lounge is "Raider's Nation" and one has to wonder why they are still displaying the sad 2012 3-win season schedule on the wall.

I'm pretty sure the finale of National Lampoon's Vacation was filmed here. (The original.) The decor of my rooms was straight out of 1986. Old bad carpet. Old bad bathroom. Bad linens. Just really gross. Really hard to believe this is a Hilton.

Honestly, unless you absolutely have to stay here I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask to be in building one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David Z
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here before taking off for Kauai. We had a king room that was clean and big. Our rate included 7 days of parking which is great since they have a shuttle that runs every half hour that will take you right to the terminal you need at the Oakland Airport. They have four computers in the lobby which are available for use. Can't comment on much else but a good place to park and leave your car if you are flying out of Oakland.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Once again, I had a great stay at a Hilton Hotel! they continue to meet and exceed my wants and needs! not only did they take care of me during my stay, but i had left my cell phone and eye glass in the rooom after i checked out and they had them mail ASAP back to me. Again taking that entra step to ensure i had a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Very close to the airport but not close to anything else. Here on business and did not have a car. Walking anywhere is at your own risk. Very sketchy area and was told by front desk staff it was not safe at night. Restaurant closes very early and there is literally nothing around. Hotel is made up of 5 separate buildings. Rooms are old and musty smelling. The first room I had smelled of marijuana.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank DaveBriody
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love the Hilton Oakland Airports food and customer service. However, a recent stay was dampered when I was notified that in order to have internet service my room would be charged an additional $12.95. Now I have stayed at other hotels that have less status than the Hilton and internet has always been offered free of charge.

I ordered room service the first night and the Chef Salad was very good. However, the second night my husband and I called room service and tried to order something off of their late night menu and we were notified that they only had cold sandwiches and chips.

If it was not for the outstanding customer service I would rate this hotel a 1.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family