Hilton Oakland Airport
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
$149
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$139
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $203/night.

$149
$126
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

$226
$159
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$210
Homewood
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $240/night.

$124
$129
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$189
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$129
$99
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

1,093 results
All reviewsoakland airportbreakfast buffetconvenient locationfitness centermain buildingrental carpark and flyan early flightoracle arenashuttle servicebart stationsan franciscogameconveniencebaseballhawaiibay
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Had to stay here because Hilton Garden Inns were full. Will not do that again.
How about $12/day parking, and oh, you want internet access in your room, that will be another $12/day.
I thought piracy was illegal?
In the days of Marriott Courtyards and Hilton Garden Inns and even the nicer Hamptons, places like this are on there way out.
Front desk staff was very professional when I started to comment about the hidden charges One of the better aspects of this property. My room was clean, quiet, and somewhat modern. Ask for room on 3 floor if you do not want to hear footsteps all night.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed here one night to catch an early flight the next morning. The room was in the older part of the facility and was musty and stale. Mold in the shower, coffee maker didn't work, etc. It was the night before a Raiders game and there was a big party going on in the hallway until 1:00am. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Twinparks
Charles K, Front Office Manager at Hilton Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you so very much for taking the time away from your busy schedule to fill out a review in reference to your most recent stay with us. From the valuable feedback we receive from our many guests, we are better able to address and correct issues that are brought to our attention.

In reading your comments, I can assure you that we take room smell very seriously and have addressed this issue and your comments with our housekeeping managers, supervisors, and our engineering team in regards to retraining on preventative maintenance and room inspections prior to guest arrivals. It is more than an inconvenience to our valued guests when their expectations are not met. There is no excuse for the impression which we have made upon you. We strive to surpass guest expectations and our staff is naturally inclined to please others, so it is highly unusual for us to have caused this negative impression. We are constantly working hard to be proactive and avoid situations like these in the future.

I understand your hesitation in staying with us again in the near future; however I hope that if your future travels bring you back to the East Bay Area, that you give us another opportunity to be of service.

Please contact me so that I can personally invite you back to our hotel and restore our reputation with you.

Warmest regards,

Charles Kong
Director of Front Office
Hilton Oakland Airport

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I spent 32 nights in a row at this hotel. Normally I stay at the Homewood, but they were booked up and I had to stay in this Hilton. I really don't know what people are talking about when they say the rooms are dated at this property, everything looked new to modern in my room. In fact, I know my fridge was new because it still had tape from the manufacturer on the inside holding the racks in place. So perhaps they are doing updates?
I would also like to say that the staff here is absolutely amazing. I stay in lots of hotels, I know when I'm getting "nice because I have to be nice" and "nice because I'm happy to be here" these folks are a prime example of the later. I never had anything but great interactions with the staff and after 32 Nights, I am amazed by that fact.
They offer free laundry for guests and the fitness center is by far the best I have ever seen in a hotel.
There are some annoyances though, like paying for parking. I understand the need to monitor the lots, but just include the cost in the price of my room. Having to pay out $11.75 every day was annoying, and while I could have loaded up the ticket they give you with enough to cover parking for the entire stay, I didn't come expecting to pay $376 just to park during my stay.
Also, the WiFi isn't free here unless you're a Gold or Diamond Hilton Honors member. I found codes to use to get me on for free (since I hit Gold while staying here), but the connection would slow down considerably in the evenings.
The most annoying thing about this hotel (and I'm not counting this against them) is what happens when the Raiders play. As someone who is only here for work I was not a happy camper on game day. Glass would be breaking in the parking lot, guys would be screaming in the hallways, and trash would end up strewn everywhere.
I'd totally stay here again (although, probably only for shorter stays since the rooms don't even have a microwave). Honestly, if they'd just include the parking and wifi in the cost of the room, I'd probably be so happy I'd give it 5 out of 5.

Room Tip: Building 3 has ample parking behind it, the laundry facility and the fitness center connects to it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I would not stay here again. The hotel was dated and not like your typical Hilton. I realize I was in the Bay Area but I had to pay over $200 per night. Not worth it unless you had an early morning flight out if the airport. The sportsbar was ok, food was actually pretty good.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank OnTheRoad4040
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This place needs serious updating. The rooms have an outdated decor, dirty carpets, worn out bathrooms, and a heavy smell of mothballs to help you sleep.

The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. I wish I could say the same about the sports bar bartender.

If you have to stay here just muscle through it and move on in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2012