“Seaside room rocks!”

Motel 6 Oakland-Embarcadero
Ranked #32 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Based on TripAdvisor reviews we have chosen this motel and were not disappointed! Once again, make sure your room is seaside. I believe that the rooms facing parking lot are noisy because of nearby freeway. There are no freeway noise in sea side rooms. Having sea view from your room in the Motel is just brilliant. There is a nice promenade just by the property with benches and picnic tables. Room is basic and clean in general Motel 6 standard, nothing special, bathroom bit cramped but ok.

There is a 7/11 5min drive from Motel, for dining you have to drive to Oakland which is 10min.

Definitely will stay again!

Stayed July 2011

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 10, 2011

You'll never believe you are in a Motel 6, or in Oakland. Amazing. Walk out of your room onto a pleasant walkway along the marina, walk out onto a dock and watch the small boats and beautiful reflections on the water.
We arrived late, but the staff was friendly and accommodating. The room was large (but the pool is minuscule). Near the freeway, but still quiet -- I would hate to have to negotiate the ramps w/o a GPS.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

After checking in from a long day at work, I can catch dinner at the marina next to the motel, spend a few relaxing minutes walking the water front at the rear of the motel knowing that in the morning that I'm only a few hundred feet from the main freeway onramp to get back to work.

I always enjoy my stay at this motel, great customer service, safe and secure parking, very close Bart for a quick hope into San Francisco.

The property is nice and clean, remodeled not too long ago, I feel at home while on the road.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2010

This Motel6 is actually the 2nd best I've ever stayed.
Ask for the marina view since the view is really nice and it's quiet over there.
Ok, the furniture is not the newest but again, it's a Motel6 and therefore its quite good.

The only bad thing is the confusing way back to the Freeway 880 NB but with a GPS no problem.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Through the years there have been times when we truly love to choose staying here. Sometimes we are in the greater San Francisco area but want to rest and not do much. Sometimes we have to take an early flight from SFO to another part of the country. We only get a room here when we can arrive early enough to hope to get a room facing the water or the marina itself. That is the draw to being here. Who would think this is a Motel 6? One can actually be fortunate enough to wake up and look out one's window at water and possibly boats. We have seen people scullying past. There is a lovely walking path that goes along the water for some distance. There is a picnic table just beside the Motel 6, off the water. We find the following combination special: the Motel 6 rate, the view, the quiet, having a decent mattress, and not having to pay for parking while being near the city. One can take the car to a nearby Oakland BART stop and go to San Francisco that low cost way. We love the combination of the marina, quietude, and being near San Francisco and its suburbs while staying where it is tranquil and quiet.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2009

I thought the hotel itself was on OK deal for Oakland. But it was after I left that the trouble began! I accidentally left 2 clothing items in the room when I checked out. I realized it immediately, so I called the hotel within hours. They stated that nothing had been turned in,and to try back the next day. This went on for FIVE DAYS. FIVE DAYS they said " we will call you back!" Yesterday, 6 days after I checked out, I finally emailed the Motel 6 customer service about trying to find out what happened to my items and they said " sorry you shouldn't have left them!" Basically they said " our staff stole them and that's your fault!" Amazing! Totally amazing! I can't imagine if I had left something more valuable than Victoria Secret pj's!! If you take a chance and stay here, lock up your stuff during the day and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE EVERYTHING WHEN YOU LEAVE. The staff has the OK to take whatever you may have accidentally left behind!! Careful!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Stayed in Room 105 of the Motel 6 on August 30th for 1 night. I thought I felt things crawling around the bed when I was trying to go to bed. Now I am home and worried I have brought them here and after reading up about bedbugs on wikipedia it sounds like a horror story.
I have stayed at many motel 6's over the years, with generally good quality and results, this incident will make me think twice about stopping at one next time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)