“Friendly, courteous, helpful staff”

La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum
Ranked #17 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Had a pleasant two night stay. Friendly, courteous, helpful staff. Raiders fans tail gating on the grass outside our room were remarkably quiet and considerate of other guests. No microwave or refrigerator in our room. Close to airport with frequent shuttle service. Not the best neighborhood but when I stopped to ask directions from a homeless person at 6am Sunday morning I got a precise and accurate answer.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Though this Hotel is located in East Oakland, it is one of the cleanest and friendliest hotels that I have stayed at. The rooms are huge, the beds are very comfortable, they have microwaves and refrigerator in all the rooms. That comes in handy when you go out to eat and have leftovers you might want to eat later. They also have either a chair or a sofa in the rooms which is great because no one has to sit on your bed. It is right off the 880 freeway and there are numerous places to eat including a few that are within a short walking distance. The Coliseum is right across the street and you could walk to see the Raiders, Warriors or the A's. I personally stay here when I come to the Bay Area because I find it very centrally located for my activities. But the best part of it all is the rate for all these services. Very reasonable! I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Very unimpressed. Cheap, but --
a) shuttle stopped working before midnight (had to pay $15 to get there from airport).
b) breakfast ran out of some kinds of food (the healthier choices) before we got there
c) room smelled moldy; area in front of radiator was damp
d) shower leaked all over (had to get clothes dry cleaned)

They did give us a free ride to BART, which was very nice since the neighborhood is quite dicey to walk around; and there was a real nice woman on at the front desk in the morning. But I don't think we'll be back -- there's too many other local choices.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Poorly maintained hotel - run down rooms. Rooms smelled like cigarettes, there was even an ashtray in the room. The room was marked as non-smoking, but the room clearly wasn't cleaned well. Also towels were frayed and the toilet leaked all night.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Excellent service,clean rooms and real quality sleep. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2010

**** Don't ever stay at this hotel!!! The maids are thieves and the staff/management are useless and or corrupt and or liars and useless!!

My wife and I unfortunately had to stay near the Oakland Coliseum after a long day of traveling as we were going to the A's game the next day and got into town late. Being from Vancouver (Canada) the hotel was reasonably priced for what we we were expecting as it was last minute booking. Then it went downhill...
having left for the ball game (5 mins away) my wife realized she had left her camera on the table in our room re-packing our son's bag. We phoned within 15 mins of leaving to come pick up the camera but mysteriously...it was gone. Okay, possibly the cleaning staff hadn't reported it. We phone back 30 mins later - they promised they would call us... nothing. We watched the ball game (my 7 month old son's first game that any father would want pictures of) our fault, we left it there. We call back... no response. We go to the hotel - no we haven't found it you must have lost it. Politely my wife tells them no mistake we left it on the table. A blank stare from the idiot clerk.... My wife asks the obvious - they cleaned the room hours ago, should be relatively easy to find. Nothing in response. My wife asks if the staff has a habit of stealing people's belongings... no response "we'll call you" [--]
. For the record, I'm an operations coordinator for a natural gas company and have travelled regularly for business. I've left phones, computers, keys, jewelry in hotel rooms and they have always been returned (clearly I've never stayed at La Quinta). All we want is the memory card back (I'll give them camera) but the pics of our son can't be replaced. Bottom Line NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! I'VE STAYED IN HUNDREDS OF HOTELS AND NEVER BEEN OURIGHT STOLEN FROM BEFORE!!! I HOPE THEY ENJOY THE $200 CAMERA WITH OUR PRICELESS MEMORIES!!! FYI - I will be posting this on every site I can possibly find!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JDawgOsh
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Great place for the money. Little further from the airport than some but shuttle is fast, only waited a few short minutes back and forth to airport. Room was very clean and staff was effecient and very helpful. Would highly recommend for quick airport stay. Area not the best so better to eat at airport before check-in so you don't have to go out at night. Also close to Bart terminal taxi ride is very short if needed.