“Great place for the money. Little further...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Oakland
Fresno, California
“Great place for the money. Little further...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

Great place for the money. Little further from the airport than some but shuttle is fast, only waited a few short minutes back and forth to airport. Room was very clean and staff was effecient and very helpful. Would highly recommend for quick airport stay. Area not the best so better to eat at airport before check-in so you don't have to go out at night. Also close to Bart terminal taxi ride is very short if needed.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at La Quinta Inn in Oakland Ca for my business trip. Hotel rooms were fairly good and serve the purpose. Staff was great and very helpful in every aspect and asked to print boarding pass and wake up calls. I am very pleased with the service and this hotel. I will definately come back to this hotel whenever I will travel to Oakland. Way to go La Quinta.......

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
American canyon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Stayed one night at this location after arriving on a late flight (9 pm).This hotel is close to the airport and that is the main reason we stayed there.The good, The staff was nice and the room was clean. We stayed in a king room,room amenities included ironing board, iron,coffee maker,hair dryer,a sofa bed ,chair & desk. The bathroom was small but adequate,with granite sink top, curved shower curtain rod and massager shower head.. The bad, The room was small & not very quite as we could hear the elevators all night , the trains going by and the neighboring rooms as well. For me the bed was also very hard,but others may prefer this.The free breakfast was just ok, but they did say "continental". It consisted of cold cereals,muffins,waffles juice, coffee and the like.The ugly, this hotel is located in an area borderd by Hegenberger Rd., 98th ave. and east 14th st. Sooo, If you need a place close to the airport or coliseum for a night this hotel is ok, but I don't think we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Oldham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night during a 2 month road trip around USA & Canada. Had already seen the reviews on Tripadvisor before arriving in the area & found the hotel quite easily although the traffic was quite heavy. Travelling with my girlfriend we were looking for somewhere to stay near to San Francisco so that we could go exploring the next day & this hotel did the job. I found the staff to be friendly & efficient & the hotel itself was ok even though the area is questionable. We went for a drive in the evening to a liquor store and it was..interesting to say the least. The room was ok nothing special, didn't really feel like a La Quinta to me. I paid around $99 including tax for our 1 night stay on a Saturday which i think is the maximum i was happy to pay to stay here but it is certainly alot cheaper than staying in SF itself so a good choice for budget travellers i would say.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

After reading several reviews I decided to book this motel for two nights while attending a Raider game. There are good and bad aspects to this motel. One good aspect is you can walk to the stadium from the hotel and the other is the continental breakfast. That's it!!!. The neighborhood is bad and motel is open to anyone that wants to come in and use the facilities. NO SECURITY, at all. I used the pool after the game and spoke to several neighborhood kids who use the pool to swim!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! The rooms are OK at best. There was a strong smell of marijuana in the first floor hallway!! I would not stay here again. All I have to say is "you pay for what you get". Pay a little more and stay at the Courtyard or the new Hilton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Lq0858, Manager at La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum, responded to this review, September 2, 2009
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have at the hotel during your stay. We take pride in our service and go above and beyond to handle every minor issues. I hope you understand that during Raider's games it is hard to control people. I do understand that you may have encounter some issues but it is not always like this.. Such things happens during the games. La Quinta Inn Oakland loves raider fans and we will always cater raider's fans with smile on our faces no matter what goes on.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

After reading many reviews of several hotels in the San Fran/Oakland area, I decided on this hotel. I was glad I did. The area was not upscale, but that really didn't matter. What did matter was the friendliness of the staff. They always were willing to give a smile and help you along your way.

The purpose of my trip was to help my son get settled into his dorm at CCA. It was my first time going to Cali and I traveled over 2000 miles to get there. I asked to be taken to Wal-mart and the BART more than 5 times during my trip. Never were the staff rude or annoyed with my family.

Though I did tip the drivers, I hope this recommendation will go a lot further than an extra dollar could in these tough economic times.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Norwalk, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

Bay area residents consider the airport/coliseum neighborhood dangerous, but we didn't have any problems (though we took their advice not to go out at night). We used BART every day and the hotel's van service was really excellent -- the most we had to wait was about 5 minutes each time. The onsite coin laundry was very convenient. Room and free continental breakfast were OK for a no-frills hotel. We've stayed at other hotels in this same neighborhood and paid a lot more, so this was a good value for the fairly low price we paid this time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business