New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum

La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseum
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Seattle, Washington
“Poor Location and Neighboorhood”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights for my roadtrip to san fransisco, I pick this hotel base on the price and pet policy since I took my little dog with me. The place is pretty clean and comfortable, but location is the major issue, definetly see some weird looking people checking in, the security sleeping on the couch lobby at night lol, but I got what I paid for, well at least they have free breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We were there to attend the Raider game on Sunday October 23rd. What a dump! To top it off, my truck got broken into. How can a motel in Oakland not be secure enough to keep an eye on vehicles parked in their lot overnight? I know my alarm went off, where was security? Mine wasn't the first vehicle broken into in their parking lot- obviously it won't be the last! BE CAREFUL! By the way, the counter staff didn't seem too concerned and were not very helpful at all...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lakewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This hotel is a great place to stay when attending Raider games. You can walk to the coliseum. They offered breakfast in the morning. Love the waffle machine. Located close to the freeway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria O
Braunschweig, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Hotel is older and in need of a remodeling. The chair in my room had a broken armrest. One of the lights was not working. Mattress had a few small stains on the side.

Staff was very friendly. During check-in and check-out as well as during the breakfast explaining how the waffle maker works. Breakfast was good. No hot chocolate though.

Value isn't too great. For $5 more you can stay at the Quality Inn next doors which is newer. Or look around on Tripadvisor for hotels in the area with better ratings. Something I should have done. I only checked in there because last time I had an amazing experience at a 'La Quinta' in Reno.

Asked for ID during check-in.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a few days during the week including a Friday evening with an early morning flight.
I found the hotel to be pleasant and about what I've expected from this hotel chain: great service, clean rooms, ok breakfast....overall great value for the money. I had a great night's sleep during the week.

Friday evening was a different story.
I stayed in a room facing the street. All I heard for most of the night was the rumblings of numerous car stereos, a few motorcycles purposely revving their engines as they went by the hotel, and when checking out in the very early morning I had to wait for a person in front of me looking for a 'friend' to whom she didn't know the last name of. The clerk was kind enough to check me out after dealing with this person for a couple of minutes. This seemed to be a completely different hotel than I stayed at during the week due to all of the commotion.

Maybe I was just there on a noisy Friday night. If the rest of the nights were like Friday night I wouldn't recommend this hotel. During the week, however, I had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Hair on beds, lights don't work, smokey rooms, beds have burns on them!

• Stayed August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We initially reserved a room at the LQ in East Oakland for 2 nights but after staying one night, I canceled the other night. It's decent but overpriced for what you get in amenities. The website says check-in is at 1pm but when we got to the hotel, we were told check-in is at 3; however, they did let us check-in early. The downside was that we had no towels and had to wait for at least 3 hours to get them. Additionally, the WiFi was sketchy, at best. The speed and accessibility was contingent upon how many guests were online at the time, so the more guests online, the slower it was. It was disappointing. The upside was they have really soft sheets & fluffy pillows. Overall, I wouldn't stay again because I don't see a need to pay $30 more just to get nice sheets & pillows.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family