Executive Inn & Suites
$261
$189
Waterfront Hotel
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$110
$219
$179
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewssalmonwater viewfront deskmashed potatoessan franciscojack london squareshuttle servicesteak dinnercoast guard islandfree shuttlewater frontwaterfront viewfree breakfastexcellent customer serviceoakland airportbart stationbay bridge
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel. I purchasing the room through Priceline Express Deals - this was the first and last time I will do this. The bed in my room was sacked out and we kept rolling into the middle. The TV seemed ancient, a bubble front and the picture quality was very poor and snowy - not conducive to watching. This room could be from 2 star hotel less the scratchy bedcover. The queen bed was supposed to be for 2 people, but even the front desk said that the bed was a bit small for 2 people but I could upgrade to a king bed for another 35.00. The breakfast food is the typical hotel chain food.
I could have booked other hotels for the price I paid and I can not really recommend this hotel if you can afford better. I guess I thought if I booked a 3 star room with Priceline, I would get a 3 star room for a good price. And I assumed that the Executive Inn, a 3 star hotel, would give me a 3 star room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vintemille9
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We work very hard to meet all of our guests needs and give our guests the most value possible for every dollar they spend.
We usually receive compliments regarding our beds, so I am surprised to hear you did not like them. Do you remember what room you stayed in? I definately want to address this issue to make sure all of our beds are up to standards.
We do, unfortunately, have a few box tvs left in some of our City View rooms. We are constantly making upgrades to the hotel and this is something that we are currently working on replacing.

Please send me an email to mark.hochstatter@executiveinnoakland.com and let me know what room you were in so I can address this issue right away. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope you will give us a second chance in order to redeem ourselves, and to show you why we are the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a good place, nothing special, but good. Nice clean rooms, good service, good value in price.

The rooms on the freeway side are very noisy and to me, quiet is huge. The rooms on the water side are super quiet. Amazing the difference from the two sides.

Easy parking up front.

Some decent restaurants in Jack London Square.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you Mark for your comments about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to have you back again.
The city side rooms are not as quiet as the water view rooms, but offer a tremendous value. We usually do not receive many complaints regarding the noise level, but I am truly sorry if the noise bothered you. We always try to accommodate our guests needs, and a good night sleep is the most important thing when you stay at a hotel. Therefore, we try to upgrade as many guests as we can, when we have rooms available.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We checked into the hotel very late on March 11th, 2013 by an employee named Rose, when we got into our room and discovered that it was not the room that we had reserved I called down to Rose who said that the room reservation was locked and there was nothing that we could do and she said that I would need to take the problem up with a manager the next day. The next day we went and spoke with an employee named Nina who looked up our original reservation and was extremely apologetic for the inconvenience that we had undergone she also made everything right and made sure that every detail of our reservation was fulfilled and she also made sure that we were completely satisfied with the corrections. Nina was courteous, friendly, understanding, thorough and apologetic and in the process of her incredible customer service she redeemed my faith that there are other people out there who care about doing their jobs correctly and going above and beyond for the public that they service. There are so many options to choose from nowadays that it is imperative to have employee's such as Nina in the service industry, she is a great value to your hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you Philip for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear you were given the wrong room upon check-in, and I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I am glad Nina were able to help you out and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

You are absolutely right that it is so important to have employees and team members like Nina today. We have many competitors and our guests have a lot of options. Customer service and a focus on the guest is one of the most important aspects.

Thank you again for staying with us and acknowledging one of our team members.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our stay here was exceptional! All staff was friendly and helpful but one young lady really provided exceptional service. Nina made sure we were very well accomodated from the very start. She greeted me over the phone with a smile in her voice when I called to request the airport shuttle, provided me excellent pickup instructions then once I met her at the front desk she made sure I received the room I reserved without issue! The decor in my Embarcadero side room was a bit dated but extremely clean and neat. The morning breakfast hours set were ideal for business travelers, as well as, those leisure travelers (6 - 10 am) and the selection was much better than I expected for a complimentary breakfast, The shuttle drivers, housekeepers, and front desk staff was incredible! Again, Nina stood out above the rest. This is most definitely my choice whenever I return to Oakland.

Room Tip: For spectacular view make sure to reserve a "cove side" room. The Embarcadero side rooms leave you with a view of the expressway and the parking lot... but are perfect if you are waiting for a ride as you can see the parking lot perfectly.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Priscilla M

Thank you Priscilla for your kind words. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our customer service exceeded your expectations. I am glad Nina took good care of you during your stay. We are very proud of our customer service and our goal is to have all of our guests leave the hotel with the same experience you did.

I will certainly let Nina know you appreciated and valued her customer service.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed in the suites building for a few nights because I family member passed. Upon our arrival we were directed from the main building called the Executive Inn to the suites building which is now called The Bayside Hotel. I want to keep my review positive, but I would like to highlight that the man at the front desk at the Executive Inn. I believe his name was Miguel? Anyway, he was a very unpolished employee. He was chewing on food, his shirt was not tucked in and he did not seem to know what was going on? I don't blame him though? The poor guy was pretty busy and seemed to be alone at the reception desk.

I asked in there was a supervisor to help him, and he informed us that he was the manager on duty? I must say that I was little perturbed because he just didn't come across as management material. But, nonetheless he did his job and I don't hold him responsible for being so busy.

Things turned for the good as soon as we walked into the suites building. We noticed that it was a whole different world? Everything was crisp and new, it smelled good, it was beautiful and the service was amazingly different and polished.

I will start off with the manager Jay. He was beyond a dedicated employee, and he was amazing. He was inviting, warm, professional, polished and a true gentleman. This young professional went beyond the call of duty on several occasions. I hope that his boss recognizes what a gem he has on his hands. I told Jay all about my sisters passing and I got so emotional because he listened to every word I had to say. I was almost about to cry and he reached over handed me a tissue and walked over and offered my a genuine embrace that I accepted. He told me his grandmother had recently had a serious surgery due to cancer and he got a little emotional too. He shared some kind of words that really helped me process my sisters passing. What stood out the most is was a statement he made. He said. "Energy transcends time & space, and although your sister has passed? Her energy will transform and become part of the universal consciousness. I believe your sister is part of the great cosmic consciousness now, and she will always be there in the stars, in the wind, in the ocean, in the flowers, in all the beautiful things in the universe." I was blown away, and I felt a sense of peace in my heart after this conversation. I believe that the universe spoke too me through this young man.

I also want to commend Heather for her friendliness and her great spirit. She was able to make sure she got a hold of me as soon as some flowers I was expecting arrived, and I was afraid that I would be gone before I left the hotel. She was as friendly ad warm as Jay. I also met Chanel who was a beautiful and very professional young lady, she drove me a few times to BART, and her pleasant demeanor impressed me. With such a beautiful location and the amazing staff! I can foresee a great future for this little gem of a hotel. I live in Chicago and I am not sure when I will be back, but when I do come back I know exactly where to stay.

-Michele

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CcretsInDeadHearts
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you so much Michele for sharing your experience with us. I was very touched by your review and my deepest condolences go out to you and your family.
I wanted to let you know that I do recognize our amazing staff including Jay, Heather and Chanel, and I thank you for sharing your great experience.

We look forward to having you back with us in the future.