“Our Stay at Executive Inn and Suites”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hong Kong, China
“Our Stay at Executive Inn and Suites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our stay at Executive inn and suits consisted of 10 days and our entire stay was enjoyable. From breakfast, to wifi to laundry service all were very convenient and always accessible. Rooms are clean and huge with all the essentials that you need away from home. The waterfront rooms made our stay even more stress free and comfortable. The General Manager Mark and Revenue Manager Ricky were extremely helpful with special requests and their help made our stay hassle free. Looking forward to staying at Executive Inn and Suites in the future and will definitely recommend to other people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Clean, decent rooms. A little noisy cause of the connected rooms concept. But best selling point... affordable for a 20 min train ride to the city. Do note, don't try & drive down to SFO... Just a waste of time.

2 Thank ikazi
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I'm sorry to hear about a noisy room. We only have 6 connected rooms in the hotel, and they should be insulated enough with double doors in order to keep the neighbors noise out. Thank you for bringing it up, and I will look into those rooms.
Driving to SF definately takes longer than taking the train or the ferry, especially during rush hour. We shuttle to both the ferry and the train station, and I hope you were able to use it for transport to and from the station.
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience!
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Accommodations clean, roomy; a good breakfast included in rate. Free wireless, newspapers, use of computer and printer. Extremely pleasant and helpful employees at all levels.

One suggestion. The location of the light switch outside of the toilet room but not next to the side of the door where it opens is very annoying. Solution: Perhaps add a switch in the door or a motion sensor to turn the light on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you Harry for staying with us and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.
We train our staff on a regular basis to make sure our guests receive the best possible customer service, and I am glad it shows.

I will definately look into the location of the light switch and see if we can add another switch.
Thank you for the suggestion and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed this week for our reunion. It was great to see all my friends from 50 years ago. We have moved all over the world, and 50 years later we meet again. We stayed at this hotel as we were told to come here. The hotel was great and we had a shuttle to Mills daily which was wonderful.

I spoke to frederick over the phone a few times and he helped to make sure everything was taken care of. He was real nice on the phone and when I came in he remembered who I was. Little did I know he wasn't sure the reservationist, but an actual supervisor. The other staff were great and I wish I could list them, but I have this one business card.

If i were to ever travel back to the Bay Area, I would definitely stay here just because the service is great. Only thing I would as to be changed is more computers to be used.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Lakeport, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We picked this hotel because tripadvisor rated it #1 in Oakland. Love the fact that it is right on the waters edge. There is a nicely paved walking trail along the water also. My husband was excited because Harborside is only a 3 minute walk. The hotel gave us a room on the top floor, facing the bay. We stayed in the suites and the room was spacious, updated and the remote was even sanitized. They do have a small breakfast in the mornings downstairs, but I hear if you go to the main Hotel, the food is much better. The hotel offers a shuttle to several locations within a short distance. You do have to call the front desk to reserve a time for shuttle and remember to program the phone number of the hotel in your cell to call for pick up when you are all done sight seeing. We took the short ride to Jack London Square...I was a little disappointed...not much there. We did have a fantastic lunch at Scott's. Great service and outdoor seating by the bay with heaters if needed on a chilly day. If I was looking for a relaxing place to spend a night or two, I would definetly stay here again. The pool is outdoors and heated and the jaccuzi is bigger than most, and they are beside the bay...it's a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: I think the newer and more updated rooms are in the suites building.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We also stayed here when in town for the "Steeler" football game. Staff was very helpful in allowing us to leave luggage for the day so we had room in the trunk to tailgate. Rooms are large, nothing special. Beds okay, pillows not so great. Good shower, room seemed clean. I'm not a fan of the air freshener they use, but windows open so you can air out if you wish. Breakfast typical of the chains that offer waffles and sweet rolls, although make sure to go to the main lobby, they apparently have more choices. Nice that there are outdoor tables by the water and a walking path steps from the hotel. Very easy access to the freeway.

Room Tip: You definitely want a waterview room, others face the freeway and constant noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Oakland for a Raiders game on 9/23/12. I had booked in advance for a water-view king suite, which was very nice. The suite was clean, but had some kind of stink, honestly, like B.O. We were confounded because for the life of us, we couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from. Other than than, there were no problems to speak of. It was nice being right on the water and the suite appeared to be fairly new and decorated with modern furnishings. The breakfast, well, not especially great, but good enough to grab something before heading out. Maybe I'd stay here again but it wouldn't be my first choice. The last time we came for a football game we stayed in Walnut Creek at a different hotel chain and it was cheaper, nicer, and offered many more amenities.

Room Tip: Get a water-view suite, it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the Bay Area. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and liked our large king suite room.

It is very upsetting to hear about the bad smell you were experiencing. We are very proud of our cleanliness and attention to detail, so I am truly sorry about experiencing a bad smell in the room. Please email me at mark.hochstatter@executiveinnoakland.com and let me know what room you stayed in, so I can make sure this does not happen to anyone else of our guests.

Our water view rooms are the most popular and 2/3 of our rooms are water view rooms.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our property again in the near future.