Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I booked this hotel through hotels.com and stayed the last week in August 2012. I had booked a sea view king bed, but when I checked in, they did not have a king bed available as the hotel was sold out (there was a foot ball game that weekend). However, the front desk folks told me to come in the morning and they would change my room and they not only changed my room, they upgraded me to a top floor, larger (500 sft) deluxe king room which was super cool ! They have complimentary shuttle to the bart station and I was at the city in less than 20 minutes and no hassle with traffic and expensive parking in the city. The pick up was also smooth, I called them from the BART when I arrived and the car would show up in about 10 minutes. Very courteous staff. My daughter goes to school in Berkeley which is also super close and I plan to stay there whenever I go visit her.

Room Tip: Although they say sea view, the hotel has a few very tall trees on the far south building which bloc...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Shreesh66

Reviewed September 14, 2012

great location near the bay, enjoyed time here with family and friends earlier this year, older but clean. hotel staff were really friendly and helpful, showing us a map of the town and where to go for food. Continental breakfast was nice

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tom F
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very large, clean family room for our stay in Oakland. Continental breakfast better than most, and breakfast area was not crowded!! The staff were extremely helpful, best customer service with free shuttle to the ferry to San Franscisco. Didn't get to use the outdoor pool, because weather was too cool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryMW
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed seven days in early September 2012 and were impressed with the overall disposition of employees and the friendly service of the personnel, from all the front desk attendants to the good breakfast served everyday and also with Doris, Roberto, Enrique and ALL the other shuttle drivers we used twice a day. Room service were also very helpful. I forgot something in the room and they called me back in Ontario Canada concerning the matter. The lobby is large and pleasant and so was our room on the second floor.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view on the water are probably quieter but more money. Our street side room was quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Denis L
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words Denis.
I am so glad you had a wonderful stay with us and that you had the pleasure of meeting so many of our team members here. I will make sure to share your compliments with our team.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at Hoomwood property which is next door. I read all the good review's stated on this property and want to experience the good quality stay. When I walk in the room has those old motel odor smell. Called the office right away and she said there are no other rooms available even I checked in around 1pm which is early. Walk in the bathroom there is no tub. Called the desk again and was told only the suit has tub. Walk in the shower the soap scum still on the tray. Only have 2sets towels in the bathroom. The bedspread is old motel quality. Well, I am very surprised all the good reviews on the site. It ,s seems only write from the guests has the big suites.

• Stayed: September 2012
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear hpsmith03,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and for sharing your experience. The room you stayed in is one out of two rooms in our main building that only has a shower. Those two rooms are up for renovation, and I truly apologize if the room did not meet your expectations. If a guest is not happy with his/her room, we always try to accommodate the guest by offering another room. In this case, we must have been sold out that night, and weren't able to switch your room. It appears our front desk staff should have been more clear with this information, and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes, our Suites building is beautiful and guests give us great reviews after their visits. Also, our water side rooms in our main, are large, very comfortable and have great views, but as has been pointed out before need a few new things.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future, as we will never be satisfied until all of our guests are happy.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Everything was first class, from the customer service at check in to the beautiful remodeled suite overlooking the marina. The room was tastefully decorated, quiet and we wound up staying the whole morning because it was so comfortable. The breakfast was hot and had a variety of fresh fruit, waffles and omlets.
I would plan to stay there again, next visit to Bay Area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Diane H
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the second time we stayed there, same time like last year during the Labor day Holiday, thanks to "Heather &Miguel" who courteousely upgraded my Room to a Bay-View Suite. It is the best accommodation with lots of advantages (Very Clean inside out, very nice and courteous Staffed, good management team,excellent breakfast everyday, it smells and looks very clean),Towels and toiletries were high quality, shower head strong,Overall, a very positive experience. We were here for four nights. Looks forward to next year same time since it is our family traditional ritual visit to the Bay area every year.
Again special thanks to "Heather" for her friendly and positive attitude and cheerful smile, also to "Miguel" who knew how to go the extra mile to accommodate our needs with excellent Customer Service attitude and to "Ofelia" who made our suite up everyday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple