“What a treat” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kihei, Hawaii
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed at the hotel as the place I normally stay was filled. Decided to stay with my daughter and grandson and selected the water view (good decision). The room was comfortable, good breakfast choices, spacious - all that we could want in a room and it will be our place of choice in the future. Doris took me to the airport for my return home, while my daughter and grandson stayed and enjoyed sleeping in and waking to a nice breakfast. They are looking forward to my return when we will also come well prepared to enjoy the pool and hot tub. Convenient to the Lighthouse restaurant - recommended by the staff - where we had a great dinner and will go there again. The staff was wonderful

Room Tip: Ask for water view - nice view and quieter than side facing the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good experience with this hotel. Ok rooms, minimal cardio room. Clean. Good continental breakfast value (waffles, sausage along with the regular stuff). Not a huge fan of the location but I was in town for business so did not explore much. Try to get a room in the water side!

• Stayed December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear AM
Thank you choosing to stay with us during your visit. Too bad you didn't have more time to see the sights in Oakland or visit some of our great restaurants. Our staff knows all the good ones and our shuttles can take you anytime that you would like. Next time you're in town for business add an extra night, you'll find we're close to a number of Oakland's treasures.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I live in Oakland, but wanted to find an affordable hotel for when my mom was visiting so she and I could each have a comfy bed for her stay. She's unfortunately a smoker so I also wanted a place where she could go out and smoke and we not have to be tortured with the smell of a smoking room. When I called Executive Inn and Suites, the nice gentleman gave us a room on the lower level for a better price than the deal online that offered only rod side rooms. We were right on the water!! She loved it. After the first night of the FREE nice wines and snacks, I was introduced to the front desk manager, Bradley. He was incredibly nice and accommodating. After a night or two I decided to extend our stay as my mom was really enjoying staying there. I saw Bradley and inquired about availability. Not only did he UPGRADE us to a suite with two kings and a nice balcony view, but he gave it to us for the same discounted rate as our smaller hotel room!! AND we didn't have to check out until 2pm. Also, he went out of his way to make sure we could watch the OU/OSU game (we're Okies) in the bar area. The bartender was a pretty funny guy and made sure we were cared for. Bradley and his staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was enjoyable. I look forward to staying here again...and man...I miss the free wine and cheese!

Room Tip: If you stay here, definitely go for a suite on the water...the little extra $ is well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jullian,
Thank you for your nice review and we're very glad that your mother enjoyed her visit. We hope that she returns soon.
Just to reconfirm with all the readers, we are a 100% non-smoking hotel. However, because we are down by the water's edge and surrounded with park-like landscaping, your mother was able to leave her room and walk down to the path by the water and enjoy her smoking there.
Again, thank you and we look forward to being Mom's home away from hotel again very soon.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We chose this hotel due to price in the beginning however, when we got here they treated us better then all expensive hotels that we've stayed at. I would stay here again. We have a mini fridge along with a nice tv and lots of other great things. I would say this might not be the best place for little ones due to the areas around however if its just you and your loved one I would totally stay. Hope this helped=)

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Room 247 was the best
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris G
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I don't often write reviews but do read them. I was compelled to share my positive experiences concerning Oakland's Executive Inn and Suites. It is conveniently located along I-880 within sight of downtown Oakland and shopping. I am a truck driver and the ease of parking here is great. Now the real gleam of this establishment is the staff, especially Fredrick. He has the professional gift of reading minds to know your needs and putting them in place with the Inn's resources. Thanks Fredrick. The breakfast staff, Maria especially always has a smile placing the hot food out for the morning complimentary breakfast. The coffee, my favorite Dark French Roast, is consistently hot and fresh 24 hours a day. Thats important to a truck driver. If you don't like the city scene, get a room overlooking the placid waters of the estuary and island behind. Ducks abound and a trail beckons even the most timid of walkers. Big Kudos to all who make the Inn home away from home.

Room Tip: Be open about your desires and needs with the front desk. I prefer the Estuary side.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Bill G
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I always stay at The Executive Inn when I travel to Oakland. I have family in the area so I visit often. I have never been disappointed. This time was special. A staff member named Gwen saw to it that my wife and I could celebrate my wife's birthday with an upgrade to a suite and a complimentary bottle of wine. Gwen actually cared that it was my wife's birthday. She has insured that we would have another pleasant stay at The Executive Inn on The Embarcadero in Oakland.
Thanks very much.

Room Tip: The waterfront view is very nice. I have always had a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oakdrums
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

We stayed from November 18th thru December 25th for a work contact and want to acknowledge the following people who took very good care of us (rm 276): Mike Weber, Maria (breakfast), all our housekeepers, Victoria (security), Gwen (front desk and Shuttle on Christmas Day!), Maben, and many more.
We will be back next year and beyond.

• Stayed November 2011