Days Hotel Oakland Airport-Coliseum
ClarionHotels
  • Restaurant
$124
BestWestern.com
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Oakland)(Great Value!)
$110
  • Breakfast included
$143
$137
$222
$210
All reviewsjolly rogersoakland airportpark and flyroom was cleancontinental breakfastbart stationraiders gamefront desk staffyogurtsan franciscoconvenient locationnatalieshuttlestadiumwalmartrenovationconvenience
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I stayed at this hotel just recently it was a very large group encompassing almost 45 people. In general it was okay the hotel bathroom was a little weird because the sink was outside of the bathroom and the bathroom was very very small and not that clean the first night there was several very long hairs on the shower walls day two they where still there not so clean and the "FREE" breakfast is a joke it is set up inside of a resturant and had limited seating it alos only included bread pastries and cereal as well as milk, juices,coffe, and tea but i guess in the long run you get what you pay for

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2009

For the price, it was all as expected, but we were particularly impressed by the service from the entire staff. We arrived early and the girls at the front desk kept our bags while we went to get lunch. The room was fine and had everything we needed. That first day, the air conditioning stopped working and I called the front desk. She said someone would be up shortly, which I figured to be sometime between an hour and the end of the day. To our surprise, the maintenance man arrived in 3 minutes. He spoke little English, but explained to us that he would have to replace it entirely. I thought we would have to change rooms. He returned in 10 minutes with a brand new digital unit and had it running in 5 minutes. We were impressed with how quickly this was all resolved. Also, we were happy with how quiet it was in our room at night since I am a light sleeper. If you get a room with a king bed, you will be on the quieter side of the building, facing the rear parking lot and a small street that no one uses. Also, the free wireless worked wonderfully in our room and the parking was free and secure. This was not a fancy place, but the excellent service made it very nice and we felt welcomed. This was a great deal for the price.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyingmishk
Reviewed June 27, 2009

Initially a challenge to find but thank goodness for MapQuest. This accommodation is located in a busy, turnaround area and doesn't look like much from the outside, but I was pleasantly surprised with my room.
Located facing the back parking lot of the hotel, my room was quiet, clean and comfortable, and really quite nice. The bathroom was a bit small, but it was, most importantly, clean.
There's a restaurant on the premises, but went to Jack in the Box across the street instead. It was one of maybe three or four fast food outlets within walking distance of the hotel. There were also a couple of gas stations nearby, very convenient for filling up gas before returning the rental car. Days Inn also provides an airport shuttle, which I took after returning the car the day before departure, and again the next morning for my departing flight. The front desk staff was super nice, volunteering to check me in for my flight when the public laptop wasn't working. The shuttle driver was also friendly.
This being an "airport hotel" it's convenient as a first night or last night accommodation, but not as a headquarters for a lengthy stay if you're into exploring shops, boutiques and restaurants in the surrounding area.
I'm keeping it on my list for future reference. It's a great bargain for the price.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2009

The phrase which keeps coming up in other reviews is, "good basic accomodation," and they're all correct. It's a slightly oddly-configured hotel, in which registration, the pool, and the restaurant are in a separate building across the driveway from the block of actual rooms, which was a bit confusing but not a real problem. The room was clean, reasonably comfortable (the bed was very soft and obviously aging a little), no-frills, and everything worked.

The neighborhood isn't great, but if you're just coming and going in a car to whatever you're there for, you don't much need to care. There was a fair amount of noise at times, both from loud idiots inside the hotel hallways and loud idiots outside in the street, but it was sporadic. It didn't bother me, but the rooms aren't at all soundproofed, and if you catch the timing wrong, it could probably bother you a lot.

I got the night's sleep I was there for and nothing about the place got in my way. That's all I expected and it was just fine.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 20, 2008

Booked for one night and parking for a week while on vacation to Seattle. Was apprehensive due to location, etc. and didn't expect rooms to be as nice as they were. Complimentary continental breakfast next morning, shuttle to the airport and shuttle back to the hotel when we returned a week later made this one of the better travel deals we've had in a long time. As a side note, I noticed four flight attendants/pilots using this hotel also.

Don't be afraid to leave your car there for a week or so, gated property and 24 hour security. Very good value!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)