“Excellent value for a great hotel, very convenient to the airport!”

Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I booked this room online for double digits, and I was very impressed. Had an excellent night manager on duty for late check-in, very fast and friendly. Good, easy to use business center to print out boarding passes. Rooms were excellent, had flat screen TV, clean bathroom, good beds. Lobby and other areas were also very clean, very close to airport but no noise problems.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 28, 2009

Husband and I stayed at the hotel to be close to the airport since we were leaving early morning. We found the ninth floor room to be clean and bed comfortable. We ordered room service the first night and found it to be very yummy and could sit at our table and watch the sunset. We got the upgraded remodeled room in the highrise section and had a nice flat screen television. Would recommend it for the overnight or need to be close to airport.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Booked this trip through Egencia. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. Stayed on the fourth floor facing the street which turned out not to be too bad. If you do book this hotel you might ask for a room in the back. We were not awakened during the night but we use ear plugs as a general rule. The front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. I can't speak to any of the amenities as we only used the hotel to sleep. There is a shuttle to the BART for $5.00 which will connect you to the world. Pick-up from the airport is free and relatively quick. The hotel recently underwent renovation. You will want to avoid the vending machines as they don't work on multiple floors.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2009

My husband and I had a pleasant 2-night stay at the Park Plaza. Very nice and friendly staff. Free wireless internet connections were terrific -- stable and easy to connect. The first night was blissfully quiet, which I think must've been because we didn't have anyone next door. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for the second night, and I could hear some of the conversation our neighbors were having (although it sounded more like shouting than a discussion at a normal volume level). So, if you're noise sensitive (like I tend to be), you might want to see if you can get a room with no one next door. If you're looking for a reasonable breakfast spot, try the Carrow's Coffee Shop about 3 blocks away (an easy walk). My family of 3 all had a satisfying breakfast for less than $20, and the food was great. Would definitely stay here again, if our travels brought us back to this part of Calif.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Just went on a quick trip out of OAK.

Nice hotel, recommended by a friend. Fast check-in, airport shuttle was a breeze and it is close. Tried food at the restaurant, it was good.

Rooms are standard - clean, Internet in the rooms but air conditioning was nice and ice cold! Hurray! The staff seemed good, said hello, took my info and got me to my room very quickly, what else could you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2009

Grea airport-proximaty hotel.

Rooms were clean, service was efficient, all in all a nice place to stay.

They have the typical requirements, HSIA, airport shutle, even a good restaurant with tasty food. Nice hotel, I will be back.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Booked 2 nights and 2 rooms. I am disabled and have a well marked and uniformed service animal. When the front desk clerk saw the dog she refused to check me in because of their "NO PETS" policy (not relected on their website)
I explained it was not a pet, that the dog was prescribed to me and was a service animal. She refused to let me speak to the manager, and was incredibly rude. This was one of the worst hotel experiences i have had.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ServiceDog
LynhParkplaza, manager at Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2009

Disabled with service animals are welcome to our hotel, need to let us know when making reservation and upon check in hotel need to verified certification card.