“Poor service, loud noise”

Oakland Airport Executive Hotel
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
Reviewed January 20, 2014

a loud noise started coming through the wall at about 9:00pm. the front desk clerk refused to move us and they would do nothing about the noise which went on all night. I had a 6:20am flight and selected this hotel to be near the airport and get some sleep. I got NO sleep, no service and rude behavior. I'm sure Red Lion is fine if you have not issues for them to resolve.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank Joan M
Red Lion O, Front Office Manager at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Hello Joan,
I want to apologize again for the lack of concern that my front desk staff show to you regarding the noise issue. And thank you for giving Red Lion another chance to show you how hospitable and comfortable our hotel really is. I look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon.
Thanks

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I could see there were other hotels with higher ratings near the airport but when I got a rate of $109.00 for one night stay and seven days parking I decided to book it. I booked directly through redlion.com. When we arrived at the hotel at 11:00pm that night the front desk staff informed me that the rate "was a mistake" and that they would need to charge me $149.00 instead. They were inflexible, it was either pay $149.00 or try to find another hotel very late at night. We paid the higher rate, but I don't think this hotel was worth it. The shuttle to the airport is very small and we had to wait for it to return in the morning as it was already filled by another party. Luckily we had allowed enough time so we were not late for our flight. When we returned and called them to send the shuttle we waited and waited for it to appear. We watched numerous other hotel shuttles leave and return with happy passengers. It was cold and dark waiting from 11:00 until 11:35, finally I called them again and the shuttle arrived about midnight.
The rest of our party stayed at the Holiday Inn and were on the road home over an hour before we were able to leave.
The whole Red Lion experience was awful. I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cvene7
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you by our staff. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the shuttle service as well. We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels.
Please be assured that these issues will be addressed accordingly with our staff. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family and I drove down from Portland, OR that is a 12 hour dive. We got in very early and hoped to check in as soon as a room was ready. I did not get a warm welcome and was told that I would not be able to check in until check in time. I felt that the front desk person should have been more understanding to our situation. I was the one who suggested that I leave my cell phone number and have them call when a room is clean. Now I realize this was the night after New Years Eve and they had a full hotel the night before. But it was a new day and new guest should not be bothered by the previous ones. I is all about what they said. I felt like I being a bother to them. I was told that they had a full house the night before, people were checking out slowly, and check in time inst till 3:00 pm (I already knew this, and was asking for something extra after a 12 hour dive). A few hours later I came back to the front desk and they next person was more helpful she said they should have something in a half hour and to come back (she had know idea I was already there). After returning a third time more then a half hour later, I was greeted by the girl from earlier this morning and was given the same dis-welcoming response she did not know I was told to come back (I don't think she even remembered me from earlier). I was then checked in and not told were to park or were the room was, I had to come back and ask. Later that night I tried to buy a bottle of water. There was no water in the vending so I asked the Front Desk and she told me there was no water in any of the vending at the hotel. I was provided with a pitcher of water from the restaurant. With every interaction at the Front Desk it seemed that they were being interrupted and busy. I work at the Front Desk at another hotel and I think they need work at giving all their guest their undivided attention, with a friendly welcoming attitude, and to communicate with each other better (I know I was the only one wanting to check in early with only two people at the desk they both should have known I was looking for a clean room.) Rooms were nice and clean for the older hotel. Beds were comfortable and property was clean.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was on a business trip and choose to stay here over the weekend. I book the room with breakfast included. During the breakfast a rude female server reminded me that there is 16% gratuity on the breakfast that they already charged me when I book the room. I have NEVER heard any place charging you twice for breakfast. It was not that great any ways. Maybe the management needs to get people that are a little professional in regards to customer service and train their staff on the Breakfast polices …like don’t beg for money from people that have already paid for the breakfast. I don’t think I would be staying here and will not recommend to others...by the way the staff at the front desk was very kind.

Room Tip: you can stay just don't eat breakfast....other places you can eat with friendly services
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank navinjit2013
Red Lion O, Front Office Manager at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your review.
Firstly we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment that you
experienced in dealing with our restaurant recently. We assure you that your complaint
and feedback will give the opportunity to remedy any problem that may exist and help to
improve our service further. Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we look forward to serving you again, if you give us another chance.
Sincerely

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is the best value by the Oakland International Airport. I was attending a Holiday function / dinner at a near by location and this hotel was value priced for the event. Clean and quiet given the busy location. Will stay there in the future. Thanks Dan Ethen Senior Engineering Manager KLOVE and AIR 1 Radio Networks EMF Broadcasting

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm constantly traveling in and out of the Bay Area and it is very convenient for me to stay here with the location being so close to the airport. I don't have any complaints and love the new management I would recommend this hotel for anyone doing business travel or any traveling in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank CathyTrave
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stay at this hotel a lot, and have over the last few years. It is a decent, refurbished place quite close to OAK airport. Since a change of management in the past few months overall service has precipitously declined, front desk help is poorly trained, often befuddled, and have amazingly thick accents to navigate through to do even simple tasks. The van service to the airport has become agonizing, often waiting forty minutes for pickup. The hotel this summer was often filled with pubescent Asian tour groups running around the hotel, banging doors, dripping from the pool into the elevator and all hours shenanigans.

Room Tip: If you can see the Harley Davidson shop directly across the street, you are in the wrong room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Red Lion O, Front Office Manager at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your review relating to your stay at the Red Lion International hotel. We are international for the fact that we cater to all nationalities; as our guest speak different languages so do our employees. Training is an issue that we are addressing with our front desk agents so that they are knowledgeable and, to make the check in process a pleasant one.
Sincerely