All reviewsred lion hotelshuttle runsbart stationpark and flyan early flightcomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicecarmelobistrooakhawaiiconvenienceneighborhoodgamebayfreeway
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We had 2 rooms. 1 of the rooms had a water leak and they told us that they would move us by the end of the day. At the end of the day they told us there were no rooms available but they kept checking people in while we were arguing with them. The lady at the counter, named Virginia, was horrible. She told us that there is no manager after 5 pm, no cleaning staff after 5 pm, and there was nothing she could do. Well after arguing for over an hour she finally got the manger to come over (surprise surprise, there was a manager on duty) and she immediately told them to move us. I told Virginia she needed more training and she certainly was not the right type of person to be in the hospitality business. The hotel itself is falling apart and it not well staffed, and what staff is there lies and does not care for the customer. I would look elsewhere. Thanks.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DG_in_AZ
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is a good hotel well located, but the people at the front desk were not really help full, feels like they were always in hurry, but the room was really nice, just a quick advise for the manager, change the TV, they look bad in the nice room you have put it on your CAPEX for 2012. The wireless is average, but they have a business center were you can use the computer and print with out charge. Hotel is really safe and there is enough parking space for all guests and visitors , Hope can stay again soon you have a great product.

Room Tip: If you need to go to SFO international Airport, they'll drop you at the Coliseum and then you can take a train, you will avoid all the traffic and will safe an hour at least.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Hotel can't handle when they are full- not staffed correctly. They OVER promise and UNDER deliver. Arrived at 3pm (which is check in time) and was told all roll aways were already gone (how is that, not that many folks are checking in on Friday) My daughter was ok with it, just wanted some sheets, blanket and pillow- they NEVER came. Even after numerous calls and trips down to the front desk. Requested extra towels (there shower towels are very small by the way) that too never happened (considering we had to call several times before they even picked up the phone) I reported all this to the General Manager who offered me a free stay on a future visit- come on now- not going to stay here again- so why would I want that? I requested a credit for this stay, and never heard back from here...Poor Service. If you come up here for a weekend stay, don't stay here (might be close to stadium for Raider game, but there are other hotels close by) Oh, give the shuttle driver directions also- might help!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank scores11
Reviewed August 13, 2011

While the front desk person at night was exceedingly nice, I have two major gripes. First, we were assigned a room that had not been cleaned up yet. We later found out that there was someone evicted from that room earlier in the day and it was supposed to have been cleaned up. This was especially frightening given that this isn't in the best part of Oakland and was late at night. The other major gripe was the morning front desk person. We waited as the person in front of us tried to get public transit directions to Pier 39. The front desk person had never heard of Pier 39 so proceeded to Google it (I assume). She asked how to spell pier and then asked if the gentleman would like to go to the one in Oakland or San Francisco. Knowing much more than this ill-informed front desk person, I jumped in and told the guy that he just needed to hop on BART down the street and take it to the first exit followed by a quick jaunt on the F-line. Of all the tourist locations not to know directions to, I was absolutely shocked that this person did not know what Pier 39 was, let alone how to get there. They need to be fired.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main tower as the rest of the property is basically a motel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel has improved considerably since my last stay several years ago. The front desk staff were extremely helpful (as well as cheerful at a late hour of the night). The room was very clean as was the bathroom.
For the money, this is a great choice especially with its close proximity to the airport.
Keep up the good work! I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo