All reviewsred lion hotelshuttle runsbart stationpark and flyan early flightcomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicecarmelooakhawaiiconvenienceneighborhoodgamebayfreeway
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Hotel can't handle when they are full- not staffed correctly. They OVER promise and UNDER deliver. Arrived at 3pm (which is check in time) and was told all roll aways were already gone (how is that, not that many folks are checking in on Friday) My daughter was ok with it, just wanted some sheets, blanket and pillow- they NEVER came. Even after numerous calls and trips down to the front desk. Requested extra towels (there shower towels are very small by the way) that too never happened (considering we had to call several times before they even picked up the phone) I reported all this to the General Manager who offered me a free stay on a future visit- come on now- not going to stay here again- so why would I want that? I requested a credit for this stay, and never heard back from here...Poor Service. If you come up here for a weekend stay, don't stay here (might be close to stadium for Raider game, but there are other hotels close by) Oh, give the shuttle driver directions also- might help!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank scores11
Reviewed August 13, 2011

While the front desk person at night was exceedingly nice, I have two major gripes. First, we were assigned a room that had not been cleaned up yet. We later found out that there was someone evicted from that room earlier in the day and it was supposed to have been cleaned up. This was especially frightening given that this isn't in the best part of Oakland and was late at night. The other major gripe was the morning front desk person. We waited as the person in front of us tried to get public transit directions to Pier 39. The front desk person had never heard of Pier 39 so proceeded to Google it (I assume). She asked how to spell pier and then asked if the gentleman would like to go to the one in Oakland or San Francisco. Knowing much more than this ill-informed front desk person, I jumped in and told the guy that he just needed to hop on BART down the street and take it to the first exit followed by a quick jaunt on the F-line. Of all the tourist locations not to know directions to, I was absolutely shocked that this person did not know what Pier 39 was, let alone how to get there. They need to be fired.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main tower as the rest of the property is basically a motel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel has improved considerably since my last stay several years ago. The front desk staff were extremely helpful (as well as cheerful at a late hour of the night). The room was very clean as was the bathroom.
For the money, this is a great choice especially with its close proximity to the airport.
Keep up the good work! I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night here, and thoroughly regret not reading the reviews first!

First of all it is way outdated, and our room had stains on the floor and the inside latch on the door was ghetto-rigged in order to work!

The lights in the entrance and in the bathroom have motion sensors, which at first seemed fancy, but turned out to be a nuisance since they turned On everytime the A/C kicked on, all night!

The bed was springy and uncomfortable ( we both woke up feeling stiff and sore). And the a/c vent blows directly on the bed, so I kept waking up feeling either hot, or cold- or maybe it was the motion- light that woke me up.. Either way, this hotel needs a SERIOUS make-over before i'd ever consider it a 3-star hotel!!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Jazzysarah
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Spent a night here before heading to the airport. Scored a nice deal for a premium king room. I have no idea what fuels the negative reviews of this hotel: my experience was overwhelmingly positive. The lobby was not just clean, but professional and classy. Hotel staff was extremely helpful. I did not try the restaurant downstairs, but it looked like a spot I would have no qualms eating in. Walked by what seemed like a nice gym downstairs.Our room was spacious, clean and grand. It looked like a brand new suite. Clean fresh sheets, a desk, a couch, a nice balcony, decent lcd t.v., ironing board and iron, coffee maker (with coffee and cups), mini-fridge (stock yourself). The washroom is a piece of beauty: granite flooring, and the shower/tub surround was also granite. Not granite tiles, but actual large slabs of granite on the walls. Cleaning staff evidently take pride in their work and this is apparent in the little details, from the card on the table to folding the first sheet of toilet paper on the roll into a nice shell design. I definitely give this hotel a very high recommendation. Next time I am in Oakland, I know where to book.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple